We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Hi, everyone!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, everyone!

Hi, folks. My name is Isolde. I live in Asheville, North Carolina and attend a small independent Presbyterian church that I've been going to since 2012, when this church was first established. Up to that point I grew up in a PCUSA church that many other members, most of whom are older, also attended for many years. We left when it started going in directions we didn't like. This new little church has given us what we were looking for. We, haven't been able to grow very much, but we have done community outreach with local organizations.

I look forward to meeting and talking with others here. Hope y'all have a great week.:)

Welcome Isolde, always nice to fellowship with another Presbyterian!

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Hello and welcome Isolde
      Comment>

Hi Isolde, WELCOME TO CF :)

I left the PCUSA for the same reasons you did, and I'm very glad I did. BTW, I love your name :) Were your parents opera fans?

Yours and His,
        David
        p.s. - I love your town. I've been there many times and especially enjoy seeing the Biltmore Estate at Christmastime.
        Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
        Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap