We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Hello everyone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone

Hi, I'm Julian.

My entire life I had been an atheist, up until recently. My family is Christian, but they didn't mind that I wasn't. I thought that religion didn't make sense. I saw many flaws, indicating that Christianity was a man-made religion. I had many questions, none of them were ever answered.

I finally figured out that I was looking in the wrong places. I started reading the bible, (hence why I don't know it so well yet) and immediately felt His presence inside of me. A warm, comforting feeling. My heart had started beating faster as well. That was when I knew I was wrong all along. I had never felt anything like this. I got on my knees and prayed for His forgiveness.

I'm really happy to have found God after all. Imagine if I got run over by a car while still not believing :(.
    I can't wait to meet fellow Christians and learn more about Christianity. I'd love to hear your stories as well!

Talk to you guys later!

Welcome Julian
    Comment>

G'day and welcome to Cf Julian!

God bless,
      William
      Comment>

Hi Julian, WELCOME TO CF :)

I'm very excited to hear about your newfound faith in Christ! Perhaps the most important thing for a new Christian is finding a church to attend so you can hear the word of God preached/taught, worship/pray with a community of believers, and be in regular fellowship with other believers, to help you stay strong in the faith and to grow in Christlikeness.

Also, there's a short online series I know of called, Spiritual Boot Camp, which was made for new believers like you. It takes a look at four of the most important Christian disciplines, and will help you get them established as a regular part of your daily walk w/Christ. The series includes, 1) How to study the Bible, 2) How to pray 3) How to function as a part of the body of Christ (Fellowship) & 4) How to witness effectively.

This series of lectures is by a pastor in California named, Dr. John MacArthur, who also heads up a broadcast ministry called, "Grace to You", (which is where this series comes from). You can buy it if you'd like to, but you can listen to it for FREE online as well (for the free version, just scroll down and click on the "LISTEN" buttons).

Go here if you'd like to check it out.

I look forward to seeing you around the boards and getting to know you :)

Yours in Christ,
        David

"If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and
        believe in your heart that God raised Him
        from the dead, you will be saved"

Romans 10:9
        Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
        Comment>

Welcome,
          I, too, converted from Atheism to Christianity.
          You are going to discover some amazing truths contained within the Bible.
          My advice is never to sweat any part that you don't quite understand or doesn't seem to make sense ... eventually it will and you will see that God was even more glorious than you already thought he was.

Ask, Seek, Knock,
          Arthur
          Comment>

Hi Arthur, that is EXCELLENT advice :)

Julian, one of the coolest things about being a Christian is the fact that we enter into a state of everlasting life from the moment we first believe (i.e. John 5:24). So while growing in knowledge and understanding about God and the Christian faith may be a lifelong undertaking, "time" is finally on our side ;)

Yours and His,
            David

"He who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me,
            has eternal life, & does not come into judgment,
            but has passed out of death into life"

John 5:24
            Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap