We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

New to the Christian Forum World!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Christian Forum World!

Hello there! This is my first time exploring a Christian forum at all. I grew up in a Southern Baptist home, we "re-classified" ourselves as non-denominational as I grew up. My dad was military and we moved all over the world, so finding churches was often a challenge. We lost my mom six years ago, and thus began a major struggle with my personal faith. I have come to realize that I absolutely do still believe in Jesus, but I also have a lot of mending to do on my end as far as my relationship with Him goes. I currently attend a non-denominational church in my town periodically, but need to get back in the habit of it being a regular thing. I am hoping to find people I can learn from, who have been through similar circumstances and rebuilt their faith, and hopefully get to the point where I can encourage others as well. I know this is going to be a fight, but I am willing to put the effort in. I thank you all in advance for having me, and for the good things to come!

Welcome to the forum. I hope you will find the help you need here.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

Welcome whysewserious
      Comment>

Hi whysewserious, WELCOME TO CF :) I'm sure you'll be able to find answers to many/most of your questions, and find some great online fellowship here as well. I also agree with you about church, the most important thing of all is for you to be in regular fellowship again locally.

I look forward to seeing you around the boards here and growing in Christ together with you.

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

~David
        Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
        Comment>

Welcome to the forums.
          Comment>

Thank you for the warm welcomes! So far I have been very engaged and if I can make this a supplement to other activities in my walk, I think it could be a positive change. I appreciate the encouragement and discussions thus far and anticipate good things to come.
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap