We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Introduction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

I've had lots of different experiences, and seen humans at their worst and best. Not interested in anyone's denomination, though I love God, and work very hard to love others as myself. Don't really want to talk about my denomination. It is not perfect, but I attend there and won't criticise anyone else's.

My late life avocation is the study of belief systems, their origins, I'm more scientific than religious, and find the basics in religion to be fairly solid. I have been in Catholic Churches, Baptist Churches, AG Churches, Shia and Sunni Mosques, Jewish Synagogues and lots of others I can't remember. Did missionary work in Honduras and Kenya, have been to Israel, but not in Al Aqsa mosque.

I don't drink or smoke but don't condemn anyone who does and am completely celibate.

I'm studied in the Bible, and familiar with the Quran, the Book of Mormon and several non-canonical old books. I'm non-trinitarian but have friends who are.

My favorite quote about religion is:"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get".

We can talk in civil tones. If you get all dominant and finger pointy, I'll go away.

Hi Elen, WELCOME TO CF :) I think you'll like it here. We have some pretty good conversations going with very little "finger pointing"

See you out on the boards.

Yours in Christ,
    David
    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
    Comment>

Thank you. I've been both burned and blessed. I'll try not to cause trouble. Denominational purists will probably be driven to distraction by me. I want to be a friend of God, like Abraham, but don't know if that can happen. Trying to become more tolerant. That's real hard.

When I first read the Bible in 1974, I got done with the OT and wondered how God had so much patience. When I got done with the 4 gospels, it felt like I knew Jesus, but it felt like the disciples weren't as conformed to Jesus's will as they could be. In fact I did not even like some of them.
      Comment>
      Working...
      X
      Articles - News - SiteMap