We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Hello

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi Everyone
    I'm Erica, a southern Georgia girl who has a very small and very new business. I was raised in the church and went to a Christian school but I wasn't truly saved until Jan of 2015 when I left New Age beliefs in the rear view in a hurry.
    I'm not entirely new to Christianity, I had the head knowledge and basics growing up but as I grow now, in true faith and love, I'm really looking forward to getting to know new brothers and sisters, enjoying conversation and even the moments of iron sharpening iron.

G'day Erica, and welcome to our forum!

I spent a couple years studying the New Age movement. Glad you have joined us!

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Thanks William
      Happy to be here
      Comment>

Welcome and hello Tuesday
        Comment>

Welcome to the forum, Tuesday ! I live in Alabama, so not a long ways from Georgia. I have been a Christian all of my life; but lately, I have been trying hard to re-study some of the things we were taught in church, that I didn't really understand all that well, like the endtime prophecies.
          I just noticed that you have started some posts about that same topic, and I will see if I can contribute anything, and also maybe learn a bit more about how other people understand these seemingly obscurely worded messages.
          Comment>

Originally posted by Happyflowerlady View Post
            Welcome to the forum, Tuesday ! I live in Alabama, so not a long ways from Georgia. I have been a Christian all of my life; but lately, I have been trying hard to re-study some of the things we were taught in church, that I didn't really understand all that well, like the endtime prophecies.
            I just noticed that you have started some posts about that same topic, and I will see if I can contribute anything, and also maybe learn a bit more about how other people understand these seemingly obscurely worded messages.
            Hi!

Thank you so much for writing to me. I was raised in the church and also went to a Christian school for a few years in high school but while I had knowledge of it all I never really accepted until my early 30's

I came out of the new age movement (much to my surprise upon research that I'd even fallen into it) and I became a fully born again at that point in time. I was so upset by just how easily deceived I was even though I'd been raised and taught the bible. The Spirit, since being born again and justified, continues to work in me and God is faithfully gentle and loving as I read the scriptures with "fresh eyes" if you will.

This has lead me to really study, go deeper and to question things that needed further answers. I've found that, while I respect so many pastors and elders and teachers, that a few things just didn't seem to add up for me. So I'm letting God lead me in scripture and really really reflecting on it. I don't always come to the same "worldly" conclusion.

I saw your post on the sun vs earth rotation and I'm fairly certain we could very well have further things to discuss which I would love. I have found myself leaning more and more on geocentricity (just one example of what I'm reading and learning about) which is something I never expected...but...it just gels. So I'd love to hear more about the things you're reexamining of you'd ever like to share :)
            Comment>

Originally posted by Tuesday View Post
              Hi Everyone
              I'm Erica, a southern Georgia girl who has a very small and very new business. I was raised in the church and went to a Christian school but I wasn't truly saved until Jan of 2015 when I left New Age beliefs in the rear view in a hurry.
              I'm not entirely new to Christianity, I had the head knowledge and basics growing up but as I grow now, in true faith and love, I'm really looking forward to getting to know new brothers and sisters, enjoying conversation and even the moments of iron sharpening iron.
              Hi Tuesday, WELCOME TO CF :) Mine is a similar story to yours. I was baptized as an infant, regularly attended church and Sunday School until college, and always believed myself a Christian (until the day I finally became one that is, at age 30).

Looking forward to getting to know you and growing in Christ together with you.

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

--David
              Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
              Comment>

You are welcome. Am happy that you have joined us so that we can share more about God. I have learned a lot through sharing with my friends here. Hope to learn more from you.
                Comment>
                Working...
                X
                Articles - News - SiteMap