We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

I am coming back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am coming back

Hi there, folks. I'm Violet and I am not a new Christian, exactly, but I have been out of the loop for a while. It has been years since I've been to church. I went through a really harsh time with an abusive husband, and for years I basically thought God had abandoned me. After fourteen years of being married to him, with the support of my mom and my best friend, I finally left. I have been very tentative about going back to church, though I want to, so I thought maybe a community like this would be a good place to start.

I'm hoping I'll make some friends here and get some support as I go through this next stage of my life as a Christian.

Hi VioletCake, I'm very sorry to hear about the struggles you've faced with your abusive husband, but I'm very glad that you've found you way back to the church, and I'm very glad you've decided to join us here as well so, WELCOME TO CF :)

I look forward to seeing you around the boards, getting to know you, and growing in Christ together with you.

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26; Jude 24-25)

Yours in Christ,
    David
    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
    Comment>

Welcome Violet!

God bless,
      William
      Comment>

Welcome to the forum. I hope we can give you the support you need.
        Clyde Herrin's Blog
        Comment>

Hello Violet
          Comment>

Welcome Violet. Have a awesome time here. Remember if God is for us, who can be against us.
            Comment>

Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone. It is much appreciated!
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap