We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Search the Scriptures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search the Scriptures

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me(John 5:39)

In the course of His discourse with the Jews one day, the Lord Jesus said to them: “Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God” (Matthew 22:29). This means that the one who doesn’t know the Word of God will definitely make the wrong judgments and inevitably the wrong choices in life. That’s why He tells us in the opening scripture to “search the scriptures.” To `search’ means `to look thoroughly in order to find something’; it also means `to investigate so as to seek out answers.’

This implies some effort on the part of the one searching; it’s not a mere browsing over a subject, but a deliberate effort to seek out the truth from among several other facts. So, when the Master says to us “search the scriptures” you ought to know that it’s serious business. The Bible catalogues for us life-changing truths which you require to live to your maximum potential, but you’ve got to search them out. “It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter” (Proverbs 25:2). There’re several great revelations in God’s Word and He wants His kids to search them out, for we are kings! He loves it when we diligently study His Word and unravel the marvellous truths He has reserved for us.

This should also let you know how to study your Bible. You’ve got to have a pen, a notepad, a dictionary and a good reference Bible, for searching the scriptures entails more than mere reading. It involves looking thoroughly and intently into the word to make spiritual discoveries that’ll catapult you into higher realms of glory. Make the quality decision to become an ardent student of the Word by searching carefully and diligently through the scriptures everyday. As you do this, the Holy Spirit will always be right there to guide you, and help you understand the Word and impart your spirit with the revelation of divine verities.

join me this Sunday by clicking on this link. Link

All Christians receive the gift of the Holy Spirit to guide and teach us and as long as we all seek God with all our hearts, we have His promise, "You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you,' declares the LORD. And this too, ""Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them." And it's through searching scripture that one will find the teachings of Christ. If we don't then we won't be able to obey the teachings of the LORD.
    Comment>

Welcome to the forum. I like the advice you give about searching the Scriptures.

The Bible says we need to gather together so we can help each other in living for God. Do you attend a church besides the virtual church you linked to?
      Clyde Herrin's Blog
      Comment>

Hello and welcome peterpreye1
        Comment>

Thank you
          Comment>

Thank you
            Comment>

Off course, i do attend physical church. but i would like you to join me fellowship this sunday @ Link
              Comment>

THE SYMBOL OF GOD’S BLESSINGS

And his master saw that the LORD was with him, and that the LORD made all that he did to prosper in his hand. And Joseph found grace in his sight, and he served him: and he made him overseer over his house, and all that he had he put into his hand (Genesis 39:3-4)

God has called and chosen you for a purpose, and that is to show forth through you His manifold wisdom and demonstrate His excellence to your world. It’s His purpose and desire to prove His extraordinary greatness in your life. He told Israel, “You’ll be the head and not the tail; you’ll be above only and not beneath” (Deuteronomy 28:13). Now, being the head doesn’t necessarily mean becoming the managing director of an organization. Look at Joseph; he went into Potiphar’s house as a slave, but the Bible says he was a prosperous man. When Potiphar recognized that the Lord was with Joseph and that all he did prospered, he put him in charge of his entire household and everything he had, and God blessed him for Joseph’s sake (Genesis 39:1-5).

It was the same story with Jacob. At the time he worked for Laban, his uncle, Laban acknowledged and said:I have learned by experience that the Lord hath blessed”, me for thy sake” (Genesis 30:27). Laban noticed that the reason his business had become blessed was because of Jacob. How beautiful this is! Can the same be said of you? Of course! This is the life God has called you into not only to be blessed, but also to be a blessing. Make up your mind to live up to your calling. You’re the symbol of God’s blessings wherever you are, for you’re the carrier of His presence and His grace. Let others take notice that because of you, favour has come to them; expansion has come to their business, and progress to their entire city. Praise God!

join us to fellowship Link
                Comment>

MEDITATION: YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS

• Posted: 6 Jul 2016
                  • By: Warri Zone

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success (Joshua 1:8)

This scripture is your recipe for success. The Amplified version says: “This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe {and} do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely {and} have good success.” Notice it didn’t say “God shall make your way prosperous,” but that “YOU shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely in the affairs of life and have good success.” But for this to happen, you must meditate on the Word.

This is what many haven’t learnt; the importance and power of meditation. The subject of your meditation should be consistent with the provisions of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Meditating on anything else that’s not consistent with the Gospel will not produce lasting results. Meditating on God’s Word often, will make you deal wisely in the affairs of life. You’ll become circumspect and penetratingly perceptive; you’ll have extraordinary amplitude of comprehension.

The wisdom of God will function in you so much that when you make decisions or take actions on anything, it will be just right. Learn to consciously meditate on the Scriptures. In Psalm 119:97, David said, “O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.” No wonder he was so successful and dealt wisely as king over Israel. As you think through, talk and shout God’s Word in meditation, you’re programming yourself for the upward and forward life, and your success will be apparent to all.

join us to fellowship Link
                  Comment>
                  Working...
                  X
                  Articles - News - SiteMap