We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Servant from South Dakota

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servant from South Dakota

Grace and peace to you!

I just joined to today (obviously) and wanted to extend a virtual handshake to say hello!

I am 41 years old and originally from Lincoln, Nebraska. I currently live in Dakota Dunes, South Dakota (no state taxes, yay!). I am married, with three children. I am former military (Marines and Air Force), and currently serve as a Federal Investigator for the U.S. Government (shhh….).

I have been studying and teaching the Bible for about 20 years, and spend most of my free time studying and writing Bible studies. Back in Christmas 2015, a good friend and I started an online teaching ministry/blog (Link). I would teach His word 24/7 if I had people willing to learn, and having an online ministry is as close as I can get to that.

As anyone with ‘eyes’ can see, it’s a sad state in His body; more people would rather focus on their physical fitness than their spiritual fitness. I think it’s amazing that while the Enemy advances, using the world to entice us and distract us more so than probably any other time in history, God has countered it by making His word and the resources to personally study His word more available than any other time.

I decided that joining a Christian forum could possibly help in the job that God has equipped me for and called me to do. Also, Christian fellowship (even virtual) is a way to share in the other gifts God has equipped to His saints.

So with all that, I am eager to share my faith, love, joy, and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. May His grace be with you!

Billy W.

Originally posted by douloicristou View Post
    Grace and peace to you!

I just joined to today (obviously) and wanted to extend a virtual handshake to say hello!

I am 41 years old and originally from Lincoln, Nebraska. I currently live in Dakota Dunes, South Dakota (no state taxes, yay!). I am married, with three children. I am former military (Marines and Air Force), and currently serve as a Federal Investigator for the U.S. Government (shhh….).

I have been studying and teaching the Bible for about 20 years, and spend most of my free time studying and writing Bible studies. Back in Christmas 2015, a good friend and I started an online teaching ministry/blog (Link). I would teach His word 24/7 if I had people willing to learn, and having an online ministry is as close as I can get to that.

As anyone with ‘eyes’ can see, it’s a sad state in His body; more people would rather focus on their physical fitness than their spiritual fitness. I think it’s amazing that while the Enemy advances, using the world to entice us and distract us more so than probably any other time in history, God has countered it by making His word and the resources to personally study His word more available than any other time.

I decided that joining a Christian forum could possibly help in the job that God has equipped me for and called me to do. Also, Christian fellowship (even virtual) is a way to share in the other gifts God has equipped to His saints.

So with all that, I am eager to share my faith, love, joy, and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. May His grace be with you!

Billy W.
    Hello Billy,

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for your introduction, it is a great way to not only introduce yourself but build report with others before serious debate or even fellowship. How long were you in the Air Force for and what did you do? I was Air Force too, having served in the early 90s as a F-16 Crew Chief.

Twenty years is a long time to be teaching anything. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us day in and day out. I think you have a realistic view of the forum, it isn't a church, but a tool to help deepen our own understanding and a means to communicate help to others around the globe through discussion, debate, dialogue, and fellowship.

Nice site by the way, speaking about yours.. .

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Welcome Billy
      Comment>

Welcome to the forum.
        Clyde Herrin's Blog
        Comment>

Welcome
          Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

Hello Billy,

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for your introduction, it is a great way to not only introduce yourself but build report with others before serious debate or even fellowship. How long were you in the Air Force for and what did you do? I was Air Force too, having served in the early 90s as a F-16 Crew Chief.

Twenty years is a long time to be teaching anything. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us day in and day out. I think you have a realistic view of the forum, it isn't a church, but a tool to help deepen our own understanding and a means to communicate help to others around the globe through discussion, debate, dialogue, and fellowship.

Nice site by the way, speaking about yours.. .

God bless,
            William
            Sorry it took so long to respond, I spent a week with the family and the in-laws at Mt. Rushmore and the Black Hills. It was great! It's a place where you can really see God's glory (which will be something I write about this morning).

I was enlisted Marines (4 years) and was in logistics (93-97). Then I was a civilian for about 4 years. Then I went back into the Air Force (enlisted 2 years) and was in Contracting. Then I finished my degree and became an officer, where I was a Communication and Information Systems Officer. I spent a total of about 12 years active duty. My father-in-law retired Air Force, and my brother-in-law is still active duty (he's a crew chief as well). Oh, and I met my beautiful wife in the Air Force too.

Thanks about the site. It's still new (started around Jan 2016) but it's something that the other teacher and I spend a lot of time on. We've actually just had the Laymen's Cup podcast guys have us on to talk theology. (About Pages).
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap