We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Hello from Wisconsin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Wisconsin

Hello everyone, my name is Danielle. I saw this forum listed somewhere else and knew I had to join it. I've been a Baptist my whole life, with different chapters being stronger than others. I've fallen from grace several times in my life and picked it back up once or twice. I'm currently in the same state of mind that I have been for about two years now, where I believe I was wronged by God and we're no longer close because of it. However, I still have strong moral and Baptist beliefs that I follow. Hopefully this place will give me a sense of strength, guidance, and understanding. :)

Hello Finding-Faith,

Welcome to the forum!

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Welcome! What part of Wisconsin do you hail from. I grew up just south of Milwaukee.
      Comment>

I'm on the East side of Madison! :) Was on the West when I first moved here in 2012.
        Comment>

Awesome. A friend of mine is a cop over in Sun Prairie.
          Comment>

Welcome to the forum.

Originally posted by Finding-Faith View Post
            I believe I was wronged by God and we're no longer close because of it.
            I would be interested in hearing how you think God has wronged you.
            Clyde Herrin's Blog
            Comment>

Welcome c: This site is great, I hope you'll like it here. Feel free to comment on stuff!
              Comment>

theophilus I'm not one to share it often, especially on a public forum because it's a private matter for me. I may talk about it privately if you're interested.

Thank you OursIsTheFury
                Comment>

Hello Finding-Faith
                  Comment>

Hi Finding Faith. I am glad you found this forum. I think it might be an interesting place for you to connect with other Christians. and interested participants. It is always nice to have new members, and I hopefully you
                    can get some great ideas and fellowship here.
                    Comment>

Origen Hello :)

Kgord Hello and thank you :) I thought it would be a good place to connect as well, although this place does seem to have its trolls and bullies too so far.
                      Comment>

That is a rather interesting comment, considering when it comes to us humans God doesn't owe us anything. That is the assumption we have to start with when we think God somehow sinned against us. We don't impose rules on God, God is the one that makes the rules, and we must follow them. Of course that is the great thing about the covenant of grace is that we are saved regardless of whether or not we are able to follow all of His rules.
                        Comment>

Knotical He says he'll be there for us in our times of need and if we believe in him then he won't abandon us, so when he's not there for us and he does abandon us then what does that make him?
                          Comment>

Knotical He says he'll be there for us in our times of need and if we believe in him then he won't abandon us, so when he's not there for us and he does abandon us then what does that make him?
                            You are assuming that He did abandon you, but it is the trying times that should draw us even closer to Him. Have you heard of the footprints poem? God will put us through trials from time to time to test us. Not because He doesn't know how you will handle it, but to teach us that we should always be focused on Him. He will not always reveal His plans to us, and just because we keep praying for a specific outcome does not mean that is what He has in store. That is really where are assumptions get us into trouble. We are so focused on the outcome that we want when He has something even better in mind. And will then use the tools He developed in us during those trials to help others later on.
                            Comment>

Job thought God wasn't there for him and had abandoned him but all the time God was working on Job to help him know God better.

Joseph probably thought God had abandoned him when he was sold into slavery by his brothers and when when he was imprisoned because of the false accusations of Potiphar's wife, but all the time God was placing him in a position where he would have the opportunity to interpret Pharaoh's dream and save the people of Egypt and his own family from starvation.
                              Clyde Herrin's Blog
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap