We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Hi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

Hi,

I'm from the UK and have never been religious.

I have always loved God, I just don't know who or what God is.

I'm hoping that talking openly to people with such a strong faith might help with some questions I have.

The region I'm from is mainly Methodist but their are a lot of Church of England chruches about too.

I hope I never offend anyone with any questions I might have sometimes, I really am into bouncing around ideas and exploring thoughts.

Originally posted by FruitNNut View Post
    Hi,

I'm from the UK and have never been religious.

I have always loved God, I just don't know who or what God is.

I'm hoping that talking openly to people with such a strong faith might help with some questions I have.

The region I'm from is mainly Methodist but their are a lot of Church of England chruches about too.

I hope I never offend anyone with any questions I might have sometimes, I really am into bouncing around ideas and exploring thoughts.

Hello FruitNNut,

Welcome to Christforums!

It is very important to understand who God is. The Bible is our source to understand the nature of God, His character, and His works. Though God can be known through natural or general revelation (through nature), special revelation can only be known through Scripture (namely God's will through His beloved Son Jesus Christ). One's wrong understanding of who God is, results in a false idea about God, and any resulting worship therefore falls in Idolatry. Simply put, God is the Supreme Creator, Ruler, of all that is, He is most perfect in power, goodness, knowledge, wisdom, etc.

It is my suggestion that you don't worry about offending people, truth often offends people. Learn to turn the cheek if you yourself are offended, and be charitable towards those that are easily offended. One of the most difficult things in life, for me personally, was understanding "why" I find offense to various responses or people. It is easy to react angrily or emotionally, but it is beneficial identifying why we are offended and what it is that has so much control over us. Separating one's emotion from the topic or subject at hand goes a long way.

Looking forward to fellowshiping with you in the forum, and by all means, please feel free to share your questions, thoughts, and reservations.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

Hello FruitNNut,

Welcome to Christforums!

It is very important to understand who God is. The Bible is our source to understand the nature of God, His character, and His works. Though God can be known through natural or general revelation (through nature), special revelation can only be known through Scripture (namely God's will through His beloved Son Jesus Christ). One's wrong understanding of who God is, results in a false idea about God, and any resulting worship therefore falls in Idolatry. Simply put, God is the Supreme Creator, Ruler, of all that is, He is most perfect in power, goodness, knowledge, wisdom, etc.

It is my suggestion that you don't worry about offending people, truth offends people. Learn to turn the cheek if you yourself are offended, and be charitable towards those that are easily offended. One of the most difficult things in life, for me personally, was understanding "why" I find offense to various responses or people. It is easy to react angrily or emotionally, but it is beneficial identifying what it is that has so much control over us. Separating one's emotion from the topic or subject at hand goes a long way.

Looking forward to fellowshiping with you in the forum, and by all means, please feel free to share your questions, thoughts, and reservations.

God bless,
      William

Thank you for the warm and understanding welcome.

Already this feels like a nice place.

I've never heard of your denomination before, shall read up on it.
      Already learning something new :)

Thanks again
      Comment>

Hi FruitNNut and welcome to the forum.
        Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap