We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Losing touch with God

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing touch with God

Hello,
    My name is Jessica. I have always had a relationship with God. But it has been SO long since I felt really close to God.
    I married someone who is not a believer. Which I think greatly correlate with those feelings. I love him to death and he is my partner in life. I really hope that one day he will see what I see.
    All of my parents believe however they have never gone to church to frequently.
    I would love to find a church to become apart of.
    But I am just nervous and crazy anxious about it because I would be going by myself and I haven't been to church in soooo long.
    I found this forum and I hope it will help me get closer to God and to get over my fears.

Love,
    Jessica.

Originally posted by sonicjessica View Post
    Hello,
    My name is Jessica. I have always had a relationship with God. But it has been SO long since I felt really close to God.
    I married someone who is not a believer. Which I think greatly correlate with those feelings. I love him to death and he is my partner in life. I really hope that one day he will see what I see.
    All of my parents believe however they have never gone to church to frequently.
    But I am just nervous and crazy anxious about it because I would be going by myself and I haven't been to church in soooo long.
    I found this forum and I hope it will help me get closer to God and to get over my fears.

Love,
    Jessica.

Hello Jessica,

Welcome to the forum! Sorry that I haven't any advice to give, but I am glad you joined us. Actually, if I may, I can only offer a little story about my daughter. My daughter approached me one day about her boyfriend that she was seeing for some time. He is an unbeliever but decided to attend her church. Of course she was overjoyed, but then sadly she told me that he felt uncomfortable at the church and will not be attending again. She asked me what do I think about that? I remember saying, it seems that he will not stand by your side during those uncomfortable moments. She never responded, and I never said a word after that about the incident, but I know that she continues to go to church.

Just thought I might share a little story about my daughter. Perhaps, hoping that one day your husband will see what you see is putting off what he can see today? Not meaning to be divisive, but perhaps he would care if you communicated with him about how much it means to you about going to church, and having him support you by standing by your side for one hour a week?

I hope that you find your way into the Church Jessica, and there find the joy through corporate worship.

And though this forum is not a church, I hope in fellowship we can help fill the void until you find your way into one.
    God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Hi Jessica
      Comment>

Are you sure you would be going by yourself? Have you asked your husband if he would be willing to go with you? Even if you do have to go by yourself you would probably find that the contact with other Christians would help you to live closer to God.
        Clyde Herrin's Blog
        Comment>

Greetings.
          Michael (not his real name) was raised Muslim, but abandoned his faith to become 100% worldly.
          Michael fell in love with, and married Mary (not her real name) who was a devout Christian.
          Mary asked Michael to church every Sunday for years, and every Sunday he stubbornly refused. Sunday was his day to watch football and he was not wasting it at any church.

Mary realized that she was getting nowhere fighting with Michael to attend Church, so she stopped arguing. Stopped begging. Stopped trying to make Michael go to Church. Mary just faithfully attended Church with their Children and began to pray daily to God for God to change Michael's heart. For God to bless Michael. For God to make Michael into the kind of man that she knew he could be.

Michael tells the story of laying in bed trying to sleep and being able to hear Mary in the next room late at night praying for him. Michael had no idea what to make of any of it.

One day, Michael decided that he would go to Church with her. He said his plan was he would go once and then she would be happy and things could get back to 'normal' for a few months. Then he might have to go again. When Michael went to the Church, he said the Preacher was talking straight to him and he was the first person to come forward. He hasn't stopped attending church.

Only one story, but a true story.

Make of it what you will.
          Arthur
          Comment>

I left Christianity for a few years altogether, and the Holy Spirit led me back. It can be very scary to depart from the faith, especially when we have had a very strong faith life. I will pray for you and your husband. I'm engaged, and my fiance is a Christian, we both are on the same page with that. It can be difficult when one spouse is a believer, and the other is not...but all things are possible with God. Just keep your faith, keep praying and know that even when you don't 'feel' Him, He is most definitely there. I learned this, and now my faith is stronger than ever. Prayers and hugs for you both.
            Comment>

Most churches would love to have you. Find a church you're comfortable in, and then worry about you husband. Small churches are the most welcoming (at least, because someone will recognize that you probably haven't been there before).
              Comment>

Oh wow thank you guys. When I joined I really wanted encouragement and that is exactly what I got :D
                My hubby isn't really interested in church. But I really hope that when I rekindle my relationship with God his love will just shine through me and my hubby will see it.
                Thank you so much for your prayers <3 I really appreciate it!
                Comment>

Hi Jessica, pleased to hear about you. I'm too in a situation like this. My family is Hindu and follows Radhasoami sect but Jesus had shown his presence , his love, his mercy and his probity to me and lead a wretched person, who never know much about him to his glory. My family isn't happy with my new relationship and wants me to be only a follower of their sect but Jesus had saved me. He will too help you. Just ask him for his strength for whatever stuff not to strengthen yourself because your strength is of human i.e. finite but Christ's strength is infinite far beyond our understanding.
                  Comment>
                  Working...
                  X
                  Articles - News - SiteMap