We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Hello, new here :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, new here :)

Hello :) I like this site so far, joined yesterday. Long story short, I grew up in the Christian faith and left it a few years ago, and eventually identified as an atheist. This time last year, I was an atheist. Towards the end of last year, I was taken aback so much by an experience by what I'd consider to be the Holy Spirit. I was blown away, and there were a few other occurrences that happened after the initial one. I came back to faith, without hesitation and have had a joy and peace in my heart and life that surpasses the temporal happiness that this life brings. I wasn't unhappy per se, as an atheist...but I wasn't peace filled as I am now. I can honestly say I've been born again, and that was something that I couldn't say when I was a Christian, before. Thanks for letting me share my story, and look forward to participating here. :)

Glad you joined us Deidre!

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Welcome Deidre
      Comment>

Shalom, this is the easiest forum to register :) Peace!
        Comment>

Welcome.
          Your picture looks familiar.
          Are you the Diedre from another site who recently got engaged and recently visited a Baptist church with your Catholic parents?

I hope you find the topics as pleasant as I have.
          (Keep an eye out for some weekly messages from NetChaplain in 'General Faith' ... they are often REALLY good reading and pick me up.)

Arthur
          Comment>

Originally posted by atpollard View Post
            Welcome.
            Your picture looks familiar.
            Are you the Diedre from another site who recently got engaged and recently visited a Baptist church with your Catholic parents?

I hope you find the topics as pleasant as I have.
            (Keep an eye out for some weekly messages from NetChaplain in 'General Faith' ... they are often REALLY good reading and pick me up.)

Arthur

lol Yes, that is me. :)
            I do like this site so far and I'm hopeful of being helpful and encouraging here. Thanks for the advice, I will have to look at the messages you mention. I love reading different daily reflections as it's nice to see new perspectives on our faith.
            Comment>

Hi Deidre,

I notice that every day or so you post another avatar. They don't appear to be the same girl? Are you a photographer or artist? Just curious, maybe we need to start a collection for your avatars :)

God bless,
              William
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap