We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Just Another Newbie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Another Newbie

I hope I am welcome here. Certainly everyone should be welcomed by anyone who is one of God's. I hope I will not regret joining. A friend from another country referred me to this forum

Originally posted by Amadeus View Post
    I hope I am welcome here. Certainly everyone should be welcomed by anyone who is one of God's. I hope I will not regret joining. A friend from another country referred me to this forum
    Hi Amadeus,

Glad you joined us, you're not just another newbie, but as you say, one who is of God's. Perhaps you can tell us a little about yourself? Your likes, interests, or anything so that we may get to know you better?

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Welcome Amadeus
      Comment>

I was first a Catholic who was later a Oneness Jesus Only who then became associated with a comparatively small group of believers who allow an open pulpit. I was an altar boy until I graduated from high school in 1961. I was effectively a backslid Catholic until 1976 when I was drawn into Oneness Jesus Only by a family who lived for God as few I have seen anywhere since that time. I stayed with them for 11 years. Since then I have been associated with the people where I now meet. I was a microwave radio operator in Viet Nam and I graduated from San Jose State University in 1971. I worked for the US Social Security Administration until my retirement in 2000.
        Comment>

San Jose California? I attend church there at Covenant Presbyterian Church in San Jose. I am currently located in Scotts Valley California. Quite a history you shared, my experience as a Catholic came by way of a College Prep High School, St. Marks. There I had four years of religion from a Catholic perspective. I take it that you were a Microwave operator in Vietnam while in service, or an independent contractor for the service? Another thing we have in common if you were in the service.

God bless,
          William
          Comment>

I was on active duty with the US Army just before and at the beginning of the big troop buildup in Viet Nam. I grew in San Juan Bautista, CA (although born in Oklahoma) and moved to San Jose after high school.la ‚ÄčIn addition to Viet Nam I also served on active duty in the Dominican Republic for 6 months during the crisis there in 1966. I have one brother who still lives in San Jose although I haven't been to visit him in many years.
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap