We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

I joined today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I joined today

I was hoping to find some guidance about a personal situation and posted a picture that I found deeply disturbing.
    The post and picture seems to have disappeared. Could anyone confirm that is the case?
    Thank you

Hi Larry,

Welcome to the forum. I believe your picture was moderated because it was disturbing. Children are present in this forum, and even if they weren't I would still consider it inappropriate on this board.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Thank you for responding. That is all I wanted to know really. This process has been a difficult one for me. I did ask facebook to remove that very same picture and after reviewing the picture and the profile twice, facebook moderators determined that it doesn't violate their community standards.

I am also disturbed. As well as saddened that nothing can be done.
      Comment>

Originally posted by larry View Post
        Thank you for responding. That is all I wanted to know really. This process has been a difficult one for me. I did ask facebook to remove that very same picture and after reviewing the picture and the profile twice, facebook moderators determined that it doesn't violate their community standards.

I am also disturbed. As well as saddened that nothing can be done.
        This is exactly why I do not use Facebook to create a Christian group. The secular moderation determines what is appropriate. You can have Christian values but someone only needs report your moderators to the Facebook mods on the grounds of discrimination. Freedom of speech or expression only extends so far here, we are not free to use vulgarity, to lie, gossip, slander, etc. I can understand your frustration. I just ask that you be aware of children here, and take responsibility for what you post and how you respond to others. We ask for all members to do their part to ensure not only the safety, but to subject the children as little as possible to the corruption of the world.

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

That is exactly what I have found out. It was kind of like staring down at the devil. I am in awe that discrimination is only allowed in certain directions.

There is more to the story, and it is at times like these where I have to dig deep and find the strength to just walk away.

God Bless you as well.
          Comment>

Welcome Larry, great to have ya man, if you need someone to talk to as the young people say today HOLLAAAAAAAA
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap