We encourage new members to post a short introduction of themselves in this Christian forum category. Get to know each other and share your common interests or tell us what church you go to etc.

Hello, I'm a pagan.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, I'm a pagan.

Hi, I'a a yl. Mostly, people in my family practice pagan stuff, but my mother has decided that we, at least the two of us, should become Christians, so I want to know more about Christian stuff. I studied some about it in school, along with Islam, Buddism, etc. Llola

Originally posted by Llola View Post
    Hi, I'a a yl. Mostly, people in my family practice pagan stuff, but my mother has decided that we, at least the two of us, should become Christians, so I want to know more about Christian stuff. I studied some about it in school, along with Islam, Buddism, etc. Llola
    Hi Llola,

Welcome to CF. Your best bet would be to read the Bible for yourself. I also recommend a program like Esword. Esword will allow you to determine how much reading you are dedicated to a day. For example, if you want to finish the Bible in six months, Esword will serve you that much content to read daily. If you have any specific questions, please do not hesitate to ask in the appropriate sub-forums.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Yes, read the Bible yourself. Use the ESV or NKJV translation. Start with the Gospel of John (one of the 66 short books in the Bible), or one of three other Gospels in the Bible. You can use Esword or any number of online or app Bibles.
      Comment>

Okay, John it is. I have heard that he is the saint, who sold pay toilets. Also, he played golf. One day, another saint hit him with a golf ball. It made a hole in Juan.

I tried to search for information about rule #8, but I didn't find any information. Maybe I didn't do it right.

Rule #8 Check that your question has not been answered anywhere else on the site. Use the search feature.

What happens if someone re-asks a question? Like, maybe, do you, like ... , burn them at the stake?
        Comment>

What happens if someone re-asks a question? Like, maybe, do you, like ... , burn them at the stake?
          I often ask why people say the things they do. I read your response, and I ask why would anyone say such a thing?

God bless,
          William
          Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
            I often ask why people say the things they do. I read your response, and I ask why would anyone say such a thing?
            I was thinking exactly the same thing.
            Comment>

Welcome Llola, and if I may also add some advice as well, look into people like C.S. Lewis and Simon Greenleaf, or if you'd like a lady's perspective Joni Eareckson Tada or Lysa Terkheurst.

Any time you study those things in school they always leave out much because many find it "offensive", but if you need anything we are here for you.
              Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

God bless,
                William

I asked about re-asking a question because the rules say that I should search Christ Forums before I ask a question. However, I have not learned how to do that. I think I did it once by accident, but I have not been able to repeat the process, and I am not sure that I did it even once.

Llola
                Comment>

I asked about re-asking a question because the rules say that I should search Christ Forums before I ask a question. However, I have not learned how to do that.
                  If you look at the upper right of the screen you will see a box marked Search. Enter what you want to search for in that box.
                  Clyde Herrin's Blog
                  Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post

If you look at the upper right of the screen you will see a box marked Search. Enter what you want to search for in that box.
                    And there is a "Search Icon" right of the search input box top right of the screen. If you just click it the advanced search page will display which has more options.
                    Comment>

Cowabunga, Imma total ditz.
                      Comment>
                      Working...
                      X
                      Articles - News - SiteMap