Fyi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Fyi

    Just an FYI post, which I hope is not deleted before those that I have dialogued with has a chance to see it.

    Myself along with a mod have agreed that I am not a fit for this group, therefore, even if I am not banned, which I expect to be, I will not be posting anymore as I am not sure what is acceptable for me to write and what is not. I have enjoyed the discussions with those that I have had dialogue with for the few days that I have been here and if anyone cares to continue our “arguments”, I would be happy to do so by PM, email, FB or another forum. Anyway, blessing to all and defend God’s word.

    #2
    Originally posted by tevans9129 View Post
    Just an FYI post, which I hope is not deleted before those that I have dialogued with has a chance to see it.

    Myself along with a mod have agreed that I am not a fit for this group, therefore, even if I am not banned, which I expect to be, I will not be posting anymore as I am not sure what is acceptable for me to write and what is not. I have enjoyed the discussions with those that I have had dialogue with for the few days that I have been here and if anyone cares to continue our “arguments”, I would be happy to do so by PM, email, FB or another forum. Anyway, blessing to all and defend God’s word.
    Tevans,

    In order for our forum to survive we must acknowledge and maintain rules which do deal with proper net etiquette. If a moderator speaks to you about something that has either been flagged or reported by another member or is intervening before interaction worsens it is just best to acknowledge what is being said, examine one's self, and move on.

    Our moderators "talk" to people and give infractions before banning. We do not take banning lightly. We do not want to see anyone banned, it is contrary to the ongoing investment that the board spends on marketing or just getting in front of new people.

    I for one have read through the post in question. And I agree with the Mod. What you stated was enough for another member to want to leave the board. It was uncalled for. Please read our rules: Forum Terms and Conditions - Christforums

    God bless,
    William
    Comment>

      #3
      Originally posted by William View Post
      I for one have read through the post in question. And I agree with the Mod.
      Thanks for the response William, no one has quoted the rule(s) that I broke and no one has quoted my comment that broke a rule. IMO, I have been insulted by a number of people but I do not whine about it or ask for them to be admonished. But I agree with you and Origen, it is time for me to move on, this is not a group for me. iI apologize for upsetting everyone. BTW, your link is the first time I have seen the rules, apparently, I did not look in the right place and Origen never bothered to direct me to them.
      Comment>

        #4
        Originally posted by tevans9129 View Post

        Thanks for the response William, no one has quoted the rule(s) that I broke and no one has quoted my comment that broke a rule. IMO, I have been insulted by a number of people but I do not whine about it or ask for them to be admonished. But I agree with you and Origen, it is time for me to move on, this is not a group for me. iI apologize for upsetting everyone. BTW, your link is the first time I have seen the rules, apparently, I did not look in the right place and Origen never bothered to direct me to them.
        The Rules were mandatory during the registration to "check off" before finalizing membership.

        No biggie, but if you want to revisit them then the main navigation menu has "Rules".

        And I really do not understand why you're taking issue because a Mod spoke to you. Personally, I think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill. Hope you'll reconsider though, and...

        God bless,
        William
        Comment>

          #5
          Originally posted by William View Post
          The Rules were mandatory during the registration to "check off" before finalizing membership.
          My error as I missed them and when I looked, it was not in the right place.
          Originally posted by William View Post
          And I really do not understand why you're taking issue because a Mod spoke to you.
          Well, how about my side of the story William, I did not take issue because a mod spoke to me, I took issue because I received a message that stated, "Think before posting" to which I responded with if that was a warning and if he could quote where I was "over the line". I also asked if the rule that I had violated would be quoted so I would know what my offense was. The response I received...I was banned for a day, later reinstated but still no quote of my infraction. All Origen needed to do was to say, this is a quote of your infraction and this is the rule that you violated and had he done that, it would have been over. I cannot think of one thing that I wrote that was "over the line", there has not been one thing that I have written that would offend me if someone made the same statements to me. Do you see why I wanted my offense quoted, I still have no idea what it was that was so offensive, was it something I wrote that was untrue, did I call someone a name or use profanity? If I did any of those I would certainly apologize.

          Thanks but there is only one way that I would reconsider, start a category something along these lines...Serious Bible study on any subject in scripture, not for the easily offended or for those who do not want their assertions as fact to be challenged with questions. No profanity, no physical threats and no personal accusations that cannot be proven with evidence. Do something along those lines and I would be all in.

          I am well aware that people do not like their "opinions" challenged with questions, I know that from years of experience on a number of subjects and my answer to that is, do not state your belief or your opinion unless you are confident that you can provide evidence in support, or, make it clear that it is only an opinion, a belief.

          I really thought this would be a group to engage in serious discussions that would help bring forth truth and facts but that does not seem, IMV, to be accurate. Which by the way, I thought Gruppy and I had a start on although not sure how long it would have lasted.
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap