To the Reformed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the Reformed

I can't take it anymore. I try to help with the word of God and Get the word of man thrown back at me.

It's easy to be amillennial if you blow off the Revelation as a fairy tale, ignore Daniel and certain other prophets like Ezekiel, ignore 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17. Ignore any reference to spiritual warfare and demons in the end times, and get what Jesus said about the end times mixed up with the tribulation period. That is how one becomes an amillennialist. That is the truth. It is what I've been told by amillennialists themselves just now and in older posts.

I'm just showing you what you've been throwing in my face, with an attitude to boot. I don't need this kind of aggravation. My apologies to admin. This is bad for my health and is not getting anybody anywhere. Sure I'm ticked, and I have a right to be. Read my posts and take them at face value. They are there to help, not engage in anti-Bilbical rhetoric about how everything I say is just my interpretation when there are direct scripture quotes. You don't rightly divide the word of truth, you let others do your thinking for you. I'm one of the oldest members on this site, and I have been in many a discussion with people about doctrine, but as admin said, this is out of control. I disagree with him laying the blame squarely on my shoulders in a public post, but that is his prerogative.

Welcome to the site. I don't know if I'll ever be back. To some of you that is good news. To some others, it has been a blessing being here for them.

Interesting comments but I never saw any earthly temple, land, or thousand years in Revelation.
    Comment>

Originally posted by Stratcat View Post
      My apologies to admin. This is bad for my health and is not getting anybody anywhere. Sure I'm ticked, and I have a right to be.
      Strat,

Thanks for your input. It is a good practice when believed that someone else is in doctrinal error to humbly and respectfully point it out. But we have to remember that others with equal reverence for God’s Word may read it differently. Such discussions are healthy if approached with the right attitude and a teachable spirit. Respectful debate on important issues is beneficial to everyone involved. Colossians 4:6 gives clear instruction about how we should conduct ourselves in debates: “Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.”

Staff are not to use the ban hammer lightly, and not use it in retaliation for others that disagree with them. In turn, members should not expect staff to side with them and use the ban hammer in favor of doctrine, because it is our policy to not police doctrine other than to ensure threads are under the best category selection in this particular forum's format.

This web project has taken a tremendous financial and mental toll on me too at times, but the better moments far outweigh the worse. Perhaps, because I have a different perspective as the webmaster, I do at times view posts both negatively and positively in light of the forum's appeal to visitors and new members. The platform here at Christforums is meant to provide a place for online discussion, debate, dialogue, and fellowship. It is an important policy to keep a channel open for communication and not randomly ban people when they disagree. Being exposed to the Word of God for lengths of time benefits everyone present.

On a personal note, there's nothing that makes me "cringe" more than spending a few hundred dollars on an ad, only to have the resulting first time viewer driven off, or worse yet, a new member not engaging because of the hostile atmosphere. Our forum membership is small, and unfortunately the focus is on the existing membership, but I hope that in time the forum will reach a point when a particular member or group will not be a constant irritant, and the focus will be much more on the subjects at hand.

God bless,
      William
      Comment>
      Working...
      X
      Articles - News - SiteMap