A Christian forum to join in general communication with people from around the world.

I'm a Christian But I'm Totally Not...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a Christian But I'm Totally Not...

With these vid's UR handle should B "Mr. Bill" --superb choices. Made my day--thanks ! marty
    Comment>

Originally posted by pastor marty View Post
      With these vid's UR handle should B "Mr. Bill" --superb choices. Made my day--thanks ! marty
      Yep. After William has posted a few of these videos. I tracked down more on youtube, where there's a collection of very witty conservative Lutheran videos. There's one criticizing "children's church". I think it has a valid point, even though I don't quite agree overall, but the dialogue is entertaining and extremely well done. I never thought about how children's church might be a bad thing. Maybe that position will grow on me. How common is it for Lutheran churches to not have children's church? I grew up in Pentecostal churches, in my extensive experience, they don't have "children's church", but that might be because it would be redundant (feel free to boo and hiss, and make judgemental jokes about me. As a Christian, you might totally not... think it's okay for me to joke like that).

From my limited experience with Presbyterian churches, children's church is common. Is it?
      Last edited by Cornelius; 09-29-2015, 01:05 PM.
      Comment>

Originally posted by Cornelius View Post
        From my limited experience with Presbyterian churches, children's church is common. Is it?
        In the OPC I attend children sit through the adult sermon. There is no children's church, however, after the church sermon there are bible studies where people go based on their age group.

God bless,
        William

Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

In the OPC I attend children sit through the adult sermon. There is no children's church, however, after the church sermon there are bible studies where people go based on their age group.
          Do you know about other OPC churches?

Another thing that might be worth discussing is Sunday School (by whatever name) before vs. after the Service.
          Comment>

Originally posted by Cornelius View Post

Do you know about other OPC churches?

Another thing that might be worth discussing is Sunday School (by whatever name) before vs. after the Service.
            No, I do not. This is the only one I have attended.

God bless,
            William
            Comment>

Wailing babies,some kid clobbering his sister,and the neg. thoughts of children who don't want 2/B there. All adult topic material impossible. YES, send them somewhere 2 shriek, color & change babysitters on a reg. basis 2 avoid kindergarden burnout. Peace in all Churches 2 worship w/out annoying "imps" great idea ! methinks.
              Comment>

Methinks that anyone who says "I'M a Christian,BUT" ... isn't ! (YET)
                Comment>

Wailing babies,some kid clobbering his sister,and the neg. thoughts of children who don't want 2/B there. All adult topic material impossible. YES, send them somewhere 2 shriek, color & change babysitters on a reg. basis 2 avoid kindergarden burnout. Peace in all Churches 2 worship w/out annoying "imps" great idea ! methinks.
                  You'd be surprised how well disciplined OPC covenant children are Pastor Marty.

God bless,
                  William
                  Comment>

You'd be surprised how well disciplined OPC covenant children are Pastor Marty.

God bless,
                    William
                    What's OPC ? Still think kiddie-kennels R/best.Maybe the only hr.o'the week mom&dad get a break.Anyhow,I draw Bible pics. they can color & mom kin' hang on the fridge & they can learn the love stuff & not have 2/hear about the Syrian churches getting firebombed w/the Christians inside...marty
                    Comment>

What's OPC ?
                      Orthodox Presbyterian Church. Curious Pastor Marty, images of Jesus or any heavenly creature above .... even for children's coloring books?

God bless,
                      William
                      Comment>

They nailed the far leftist theme that runs through all BuzzFeed videos. There is a disconnect in most of their videos between trying to get a way from stereotypes without realized that they don't fit whatever identifier they supposedly don't fit. The parody really works because it shows how the puppets really aren't Christians because they are picking and choosing between parts of the Bible.
                        Comment>

Not everyone can be super religious all the time. We all have our moments of doubt and hopelessness. I don't think it's really a big deal, as long as the end of the day, you're deep down a religious person, whether just in theory or practice. It's not like there's a law that we all must be priests or something. Just try to be a good person, live your life to the fullest, and make sure to help others in need. I'm sure God will appreciate the effort, even though you don't "believe" or have doubts about your religion. As long as you're a good person, it's enough.
                          Comment>

Love it. These are the most common disjointed concepts that the non-believers have of us Christians. Once upon a time, someone ran into one Christian who was having a really bad day and that person demonstrated a negative trait. Therefore, in the Atheistic mindset, ALL Christians must have that trait. We are all just running around spouting Bible verses and expecting everyone to bend to our mind set. We are all haters and soap-box standers who need a good, solid dose of reality in our lives. For most of us, the reality couldn't be further from this fantasy. Most of us are out there spreading as much love and joy around as we can, and if we have a bad day and slip a little, well... the best thing to do is apologize and go on from there with faith that God is in control and things will improve.
                            Comment>

Orthodox Presbyterian Church. Curious Pastor Marty, images of Jesus or any heavenly creature above .... even for children's coloring books?

God bless,
                              William
                              I can't draw JESUS or Heavenly entities. I did draw a boy & girl jumping in the surf,laughing & tossing bread slices overhead 2 swooping seagulls.(bread upon the water) Made a nice pic 2 color while M&D worshipped.... marty
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap