A Christian forum to join in general communication with people from around the world.

Eastern Lightning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eastern Lightning

........is a horrendous cult that originated in China. Their claim is that Jesus has returned, that He is a woman, and that He has returned to "answer questions" for folks in China. Yesterday it invaded Christian Forums, another Christian site. I reported it, and finally observed that it has been blocked. Look up "Eastern Lightning." Don't let it invade here!!

They have been on here.
    Comment>

Never heard of this group. Sounds like a cult.
      Comment>

They are a cult, a dangerous one actually. They are officially known as "The Church of Almighty God" aka "Eastern Lightning", and they do indeed believe that the Lord is living among us in China, even as I'm typing this post. The twist is, this time He's a She (as has already been mentioned).

The problem, according to one of my missionary friends in China, is the lack of sound Biblical/theological/doctrinal teaching, which results in unsound preaching and beliefs ... which results in cults like Eastern Lightning (they are hardly the only one ).

--David
        Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"Instead of a river, God often gives us a brook, which may be running today and dried up tomorrow. Why? To teach us not to rest in our blessings, but in the Blesser Himself." ~A. W. Pink

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
        Comment>

Originally posted by CDF47 View Post
          Never heard of this group. Sounds like a cult.
          Bunch of nuts if you ask me.

Comment>

Originally posted by Origen View Post
            Bunch of nuts if you ask me.
            Sounds like it.
            Comment>

The tragedy, of course, is that the Chinese are falling for it, and we in the USA make note of how Christianity is spreading across China. Bummer!
              Comment>

Originally posted by Winken View Post
                The tragedy, of course, is that the Chinese are falling for it, and we in the USA make note of how Christianity is spreading across China. Bummer!
                Yeah, this is far from Christianity so hopefully it is not counted.
                Comment>

BTW, they use the name, "Eastern Lightning", because they believe that their teaching is the fulfillment of Matthew 24:27, 1. because their message to the world concerns the Messiah's return and 2. because their message goes out to the world from China.

What they apparently fail to recognize is the fact that their central, "eastern lightning", teaching (about the Lord's return) directly contradicts what the Bible teaches us about His return and how it will actually occur.

Matthew 24
                  23 If anyone says to you, ‘Behold, here is the Christ,’ or ‘There He is,’ do not believe him.
                  24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.
                  25 Behold, I have told you in advance.
                  26 So if they say to you, ‘Behold, He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out, or, ‘Behold, He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe them.
                  27 For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be.

The Lord's return (when it happens) will be like lightning streaking across the sky from the east to the west such that everyone can/will see it/know about it at the same time. IOW, no one is going to have to tell anyone else when He returns because we will ALL know it when He does. So if someone says that He's already returned (like this cult does), and that He is over here or over there, "do not believe them".

Yours and His,
                  David
                  p.s. - we also know (from this passage and many others) that when He does return, He will still be a "He"
                  Last edited by David Lee; 09-10-2017, 10:25 PM.
                  Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"Instead of a river, God often gives us a brook, which may be running today and dried up tomorrow. Why? To teach us not to rest in our blessings, but in the Blesser Himself." ~A. W. Pink

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
                  Comment>

Originally posted by David Lee View Post
                    BTW, they believe that their aka, "Eastern Lightning", is fulfillment of Matthew 24:27, 1. because their message to the world concerns the Messiah's return and 2. because their message goes out to the world from China.

What they apparently do not seem to realize (or care about) is the fact that their central "eastern lightning" teaching (about the Lord's return) directly contradicts what the Bible teaches us about His actual return and how it will occur.

Matthew 24
                    23 If anyone says to you, ‘Behold, here is the Christ,’ or ‘There He is,’ do not believe him.
                    24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.
                    25 Behold, I have told you in advance.
                    26 So if they say to you, ‘Behold, He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out, or, ‘Behold, He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe them.
                    27 For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be.

The Lord's return (when it happens) will be like lightning streaking across the sky from the east to the west such that everyone can/will see at the same time. IOW, no one is going to have to tell anyone else when He returns because we will ALL know it at the same time. So if someone says that He's already returned and is over here or over there, "do not believe them".

Yours and His,
                    David
                    Agreed, it is going to be a loud and visual event from the clouds and sky like never seen before on Earth.
                    Comment>

Originally posted by David Lee View Post
                      the lack of sound Biblical/theological/doctrinal teaching, which results in unsound preaching and beliefs
                      We need to pray that Christians in China will have the opportunity for sound teaching so they can refute cults like this.
                      Clyde Herrin's Blog
                      Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post

We need to pray that Christians in China will have the opportunity for sound teaching so they can refute cults like this.
                        That is a great point and definitely needed.
                        Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAMAN!!! Share this with family, friends, strangers, Christian assemblies, at Christian dinners, all assembly services!!

Comment>
                          Working...
                          X
                          Articles - News - SiteMap