A Christian forum to join in general communication with people from around the world.

The Bible Cramps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bible Cramps

Many Christians read the most beloved sacred Scriptures. I think we're brave because we're not afraid of the confrontation the Bible deals with us on the issues in our lives that, sometimes, are not right. We read and study the Scriptures to be encouraged in our faith and be strengthened in our love for God.

In this day and age, conservative values, freedom to the truth and dutiful response to the law and order of the land are being shut down, stifled and trashed. Biblical history tells us that such godlessness breeds lawlessness in 'every imagination of the mind of man/women' as in the days of Noah.

Which brings to my point: Thousands of people don't like the Bible, as they disdain it, because it cramps their lifestyle.
    Last edited by PsalmOneCares; 05-01-2017, 04:06 AM.

The reason so many people try to show that the Bible is false is really that they don't like what it says and are looking for some reason to reject it.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

Originally posted by PsalmOneCares View Post
      because it cramps their lifestyle.
      Well, that would say a lot about their emotional maturity. The Bible is based on divine and timeless wisdom, but because it is so old it's easy for many people to see it as outdated. However some problems that it tackles never change in the passage of time, even if we don't see it right in front of us. A young person who wants to experience the matterial world as enthusiastically as if they were trying to fill a void, may think of the scripture as shackles. However our perspective on the Bible may change as we go through life, and it's not uncommon for people who have been in rock bottom and have pretty much done every sin conceivable, to eventually turn to the scriptures for solace and salvation.

I blame our modern lifestyle, a matterial-centered way of life that keeps us anchored to worrying about our financial stability and at the same time being brainwashed from every corner to consume...but with null inspiration for spiritual development.
      Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus
        The reason so many people try to show that the Bible is false is really that they don't like what it says and are looking for some reason to reject it.

1 Corinthians 1:18
        [18]For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Sent from my C6743 using Christforums mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Comment>

I have seen too many people, calling themselves Christians, who want to set the Bible aside, in order to construct an idol of their own liking. They have the cheek to accuse the rest of us of bibliolatory.

The Bible was given to frustrate all such attempts at creating a god after our own image, and to give us objective knowledge of the one God.
          Last edited by ThyWordisTruth; 05-27-2017, 03:53 AM. Reason: To add an adjective
          Comment>

Originally posted by ThyWordisTruth

The Bible was given to frustrate all such attempts at creating a god after our own image, and to give us objective knowledge of the one God.
            This is true; believe me, everytime I attempt to follow after something else (money, worth etc), I read the Bible and become convicted.

Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap