A Christian forum to join in general communication with people from around the world.

Hilarious Millenials

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilarious Millenials

:) :)
    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
    Comment>

The satire part was funny -- if the shoe fits... But I loved the ending. I have had the same thought, one day people from their generation are going to be leaders. Even sooner, people their age will have enough of a majority to swing an election. After what almost happened in 2016, that idea is truly chilling...
      Comment>

The intolerance of social justice warriors, who might also happen to be Millenials, is breathtaking. There are some very angry and unreasonable people out there, and yes, I think that they were raised in the soil of "self-esteem".
        Last edited by thatbrian; 01-12-2017, 01:00 AM.
        Comment>

This group are also called "snowflakes". It is an amazing group that think so very differently. But what group is mainly responsible for how they were taught...the Baby boomers!

JUSTME
          Comment>

Originally posted by justme View Post
            This group are also called "snowflakes". It is an amazing group that think so very differently. But what group is mainly responsible for how they were taught...the Baby boomers!

JUSTME

Not my parents.
            Comment>

I was born in 1945, just missed being a baby boomer. But there are huge differences in the different age groups. My parents were born during WW 1 and saw the Great Depression. They were extremely frugal! What ever you put on your dinner plate you ate, even visitors were made to feel no food should be wasted. My mom made my clothes until I was in third grade. We lived in the city, but my daily chores were like we lived on a farm.

My mom and dad worked hard all their lives, tithed and went to church every sunday. But the things they lacked was "Grace" and "Forgiveness" especially my dad. My mom was a good Christian and she took me to Wed. night services and I am so glad she did, that helped me really love the preaching and prayer time.

I think today very few kids have parents that go to church. Few ever read the Bible so their kids can see that they love Gods WORD. I can say so much has changed in my lifetime, and it really has me deeply concerned how little Jesus means to people, and how very little people know how much it took for us to have the Bible. people were tortured, killed, and burned at the stake for just saying the Lords prayer. Today we ave gone in a bad direction.

Sorry I chased a rabbit.

justme
              Comment>

I was raised Catholic, and my parents were older. One thing we never got though was the Bible read at home. But one thing really surprised me and it says a lot; a lot of "old sayings" that I was used to hearing in my parents everyday speech were phrases from the Bible. One notable one was being saved (from some disaster) "by the skin of your teeth". I was quite surprised to find that in Job. At one time, the Bible was so familiar to people that Scripture peppered everyday language. Now profanity does... Things have really changed for the worse!
                Comment>

Originally posted by Meg View Post
                  At one time, the Bible was so familiar to people that Scripture peppered everyday language. Now profanity does...
                  Do you read the Bible at home now? My wife and I do separately, but not together.
                  Comment>

thatbrian: I want to encourage you guys to at least pray together beyond just at meals. Its very hard to pray together. Reading the Bible together is also important. Here is what we do. WE get the OUR DAILY BREAD devotional and we do not do it every day together but sometimes its twice or four times a week it just depends on whats happening. , I usually read the Scripture and my wife reads the devotion part, then we pray we alternate as to who goes first.

It is hard to do this especially if we went to bed being a little irked at each other. There are times when our day starts off in a rush, and those times get skipped.

I admit we have never found a good things for couples or been taught how to do this together. We had to face it, that praying and reading the bible is difficult and it feels odd. But we came to the conclusion if we can be intimate with each other, then having prayer or devotions should be much easier than making love,,,,right?

I came to the conclusion that sometimes I feel like a hypocrite, she sees me when I say something that not in keeping with being a Christian, I feel embarrassed to be one thing and then do something completely the opposite. If God can forgive, we can forgive each other.

I hope this helps someone.

justme
                    Comment>

Originally posted by justme View Post
                      thatbrian: I want to encourage you guys to at least pray together beyond just at meals. Its very hard to pray together. Reading the Bible together is also important. Here is what we do. WE get the OUR DAILY BREAD devotional and we do not do it every day together but sometimes its twice or four times a week it just depends on whats happening. , I usually read the Scripture and my wife reads the devotion part, then we pray we alternate as to who goes first.

It is hard to do this especially if we went to bed being a little irked at each other. There are times when our day starts off in a rush, and those times get skipped.

I admit we have never found a good things for couples or been taught how to do this together. We had to face it, that praying and reading the bible is difficult and it feels odd. But we came to the conclusion if we can be intimate with each other, then having prayer or devotions should be much easier than making love,,,,right?

I came to the conclusion that sometimes I feel like a hypocrite, she sees me when I say something that not in keeping with being a Christian, I feel embarrassed to be one thing and then do something completely the opposite. If God can forgive, we can forgive each other.

I hope this helps someone.

justme
                      Thanks for the suggestion.

My wife and I are probably the happiest couple we know. We almost never have disagreements, and far few arguments. That's mainly because she is a wonderful person.

I/we both feel awkward praying out loud with other people, outside of a church prayer meeting, and I don't think our situation is unique. There is something to be said for praying alone.
                      Comment>

Originally posted by thatbrian View Post

Do you read the Bible at home now? My wife and I do separately, but not together.
                        I have read the Bible daily at home since i was given my first one in 2003. I used to read and pray twice a day, but since I've been married that slipped to once a day, first thing in the morning. I couldn't start a day without that any more, it is so deeply ingrained.
                        Comment>

Ha, the video was very well done, and while amusing, does give us a lot to think about.

Originally posted by Meg View Post
                          The satire part was funny -- if the shoe fits... But I loved the ending. I have had the same thought, one day people from their generation are going to be leaders. Even sooner, people their age will have enough of a majority to swing an election. After what almost happened in 2016, that idea is truly chilling...
                          I was just saying this to my husband the other day. If not for my faith, I'd be scared to death. We are going to have to pray.. a LOT.

Originally posted by thatbrian View Post
                          The intolerance of social justice warriors, who might also happen to be Millenials, is breathtaking. There are some very angry and unreasonable people out there, and yes, I think that they were raised in the soil of "self-esteem".
                          Ironic isn't it that the ones who demand tolerance and acceptance the loudest seem to be the most intolerant?

The constant protests and the pure ugliness I've seen since the election have me convinced more than ever that "everybody gets a trophy" was a terrible idea.
                          Comment>
                          Working...
                          X
                          Articles - News - SiteMap