Your Favorite Quotes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Favorite Quotes

In a discussion about Perseverance of the Saints someone dropped a bomb of a quote. Made me think in that moment the difference between "Perseverance of the Saints" and "Once Saved Always Saved":

“No man living is perfectly assured of God’s love, or is so certain, that he cannot be made more certain.” –Daniel Burgess (1645–1713) The Marks of a Godly Man

God bless,
    William

There is the quote I heard many years ago when I was just a small boy and it has helped me all the while increased my wisdom and help in relating with others, it says:

'Be quick to hear but slow to speak'.

Comment

Hey Tony, the Lord gave us that same basic command/admonishment through the pen of St. James, with an explanation about why it's such an important one to obey It has become one of my very favorite quotes from the Bible!

It says:

Everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God. ~James 1:19-20
      Being quick to hear and slow to speak is sage advice for any/all Christians posting online, and especially on debate boards, yes
      Last edited by David Lee; 04-20-2017, 06:04 PM.
      Simul Justus et Peccator

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~CS Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~Charles H. Spurgeon

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	quote-this-one-word-grace-contains-within-itself-the-whole-of-new-testament-theology-j-i-packer-86-75-80.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	37372
        Simul Justus et Peccator

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~CS Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~Charles H. Spurgeon

Comment

Name:	quote-if-you-want-to-see-what-judgment-looks-like-go-to-the-cross-if-you-want-to-see-what-d-a-carson-88-17-42.jpg
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	37401
          Simul Justus et Peccator

Comment

Name:	quote-once-you-become-aware-that-the-main-business-that-you-are-here-for-is-to-know-god-most-j-i-packer-42-86-58.jpg
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	37403
            Simul Justus et Peccator

Comment

Name:	pink.jpg
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	37428

Comment

“What wings are to a bird, and sails to a ship, so is prayer to the soul." -- Corrie Ten Boom

Comment

Name:	quote-the-nature-of-christ-s-salvation-is-woefully-misrepresented-by-the-present-day-evangelist-arthur-w-pink-60-30-26.jpg
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	37442
                  Simul Justus et Peccator

Comment

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference." From "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost

Comment

My favorite quote is by john Knox.
                      "Give me Scotland or I die"
                      Shows a lot of courage, decisiveness and Faith.

Comment

Occam's Razor

Click image for larger version  Name:	proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.azquotes.com%2Fpicture-quotes%2Fquote-the-explanation-requiring-the-fewest-assumptions-is-most-likely-to-be-correct-william-of-ockham-67-29-12.jpg&hash=40a401ce2cf1fc491f44908fc6502e3d.jpg Views:	1 Size:	87.4 KB ID:	37535

That which William of Ockham intended as moderators/qualifiers of this principle.

Click image for larger version  Name:	proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.azquotes.com%2Fpicture-quotes%2Fquote-for-nothing-ought-to-be-posited-without-a-reason-given-unless-it-is-self-evident-literally-william-of-ockham-67-29-17.jpg&hash=8e87bcae83f033132c1a9497ef0c2d21.jpg Views:	1 Size:	120.8 KB ID:	37536

Simul Justus et Peccator

Comment

Name:	proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.azquotes.com%2Fpicture-quotes%2Fquote-in-every-age-the-church-is-threatened-by-heresy-and-heresy-is-bound-up-in-false-doctrine-r-c-sproul-140-26-24.jpg&hash=56f070fc0a20625a48eff9aeac025b76.jpg
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	37538
                          Simul Justus et Peccator

Comment

Sponsors

Collapse

Working...
                          X
                          Articles - News - SiteMap