A Christian forum to join in general communication with people from around the world.

Your Favorite Quotes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is the quote I heard many years ago when I was just a small boy and it has helped me all the while increased my wisdom and help in relating with others, it says:

'Be quick to hear but slow to speak'.
    Comment>

Hey Tony, the Lord gave us that same basic command/admonishment through the pen of St. James, with an explanation about why it's such an important one to obey :) It has become one of my very favorite quotes from the Bible!

It says:

Everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God. ~James 1:19-20
      Being quick to hear and slow to speak is sage advice for any/all Christians posting online, and especially on debate boards, yes ;)
      Last edited by David Lee; 04-20-2017, 06:04 PM.
      Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
      Comment>

Click image for larger version

Name:	quote-this-one-word-grace-contains-within-itself-the-whole-of-new-testament-theology-j-i-packer-86-75-80.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	37372

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
        Comment>

Name:	quote-if-you-want-to-see-what-judgment-looks-like-go-to-the-cross-if-you-want-to-see-what-d-a-carson-88-17-42.jpg
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	37401

Comment>

Name:	quote-once-you-become-aware-that-the-main-business-that-you-are-here-for-is-to-know-god-most-j-i-packer-42-86-58.jpg
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	37403

Comment>

Name:	pink.jpg
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	37428
              Comment>

“What wings are to a bird, and sails to a ship, so is prayer to the soul." -- Corrie Ten Boom

Comment>

Name:	quote-the-nature-of-christ-s-salvation-is-woefully-misrepresented-by-the-present-day-evangelist-arthur-w-pink-60-30-26.jpg
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	37442

Comment>

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference." From "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost
                    Comment>

My favorite quote is by john Knox.
                      "Give me Scotland or I die"
                      Shows a lot of courage, decisiveness and Faith.
                      Comment>

Occam's Razor

Click image for larger version  Name:	proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.azquotes.com%2Fpicture-quotes%2Fquote-the-explanation-requiring-the-fewest-assumptions-is-most-likely-to-be-correct-william-of-ockham-67-29-12.jpg&hash=40a401ce2cf1fc491f44908fc6502e3d.jpg Views:	1 Size:	87.4 KB ID:	37535
                        That which William of Ockham intended as moderators/qualifiers of this principle.

Click image for larger version  Name:	proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.azquotes.com%2Fpicture-quotes%2Fquote-for-nothing-ought-to-be-posited-without-a-reason-given-unless-it-is-self-evident-literally-william-of-ockham-67-29-17.jpg&hash=8e87bcae83f033132c1a9497ef0c2d21.jpg Views:	1 Size:	120.8 KB ID:	37536

Comment>

Name:	proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.azquotes.com%2Fpicture-quotes%2Fquote-in-every-age-the-church-is-threatened-by-heresy-and-heresy-is-bound-up-in-false-doctrine-r-c-sproul-140-26-24.jpg&hash=56f070fc0a20625a48eff9aeac025b76.jpg
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	37538

Comment>

Peace [as the world knows it] is that glorious brief moment in history when everybody stops to reload.

In a Biblical way however, peace is not the absence of conflict as much as it is the presence of righteousness that causes right relationships.

When a Jew says to another Jew, “Shalom,” which is the word for peace, he doesn’t mean “May you have no wars, may you have no conflict,” he means “I desire for you all the righteousness that God can give, all the goodness that God can give.” Shalom means “God’s highest good for you.” It’s a creative force for goodness. It is an aggressive good.

~Dr. John MacArthur

Comment>

A baby is cradled / carried in the womb of it's mother, to grow and be nurtured until birth. Each baby is a wholly separate person from it's mother: With different DNA, different fingerprints, with possibly a different blood type or the opposite sex. The baby is a person living within a person and not "the mother's body". The mom is appointed to care for the separate life she carries within her and once it's born, find a home for her baby, if she can't provide one. -- Melody Green

Comment>

Name:	quote-instead-of-a-river-god-often-gives-us-a-brook-which-may-be-running-today-and-dried-up-arthur-w-pink-81-85-53.jpg
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	38079

Comment>
                                Working...
                                X
                                Articles - News - SiteMap