A Christian forum to join in general communication with people from around the world.

Your Favorite Quotes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philippians 4
    4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!
    5 Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near.
    6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
    7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
    8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

Click image for larger version  Name:	quote-there-is-not-one-blade-of-grass-there-is-no-color-in-this-world-that-is-not-intended-john-calvin-4-56-86.jpg Views:	3 Size:	55.0 KB ID:	45119
    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
    Comment>

• Originally posted by David Lee View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	timothy-keller-512607.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	43770
      The gospel is what makes a balanced Christian, something that there are far to few of in the world. ;)

I am so flawed that Jesus had to die for me, which keeps me from thinking too highly of myself.

I am so loved that He was glad to die for me, which keeps me from feeling like a worm. (see what I did there?) ;)

Comment>

• Click image for larger version

Name:	proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.azquotes.com%2Fpicture-quotes%2Fquote-faith-is-the-fountain-the-foundation-and-the-fosterer-of-obedience-charles-spurgeon-52-26-87.jpg&hash=9dbe79ee96d6c2e075bf80dac46c9cf0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	45384
        Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
        Comment>

• Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. --Mark Twain

Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. --Mark Twain
          Comment>

• Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter. --Mark Twain

The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. --Mark Twain
            Comment>

• Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. --Mark Twain

Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said. --Mark Twain

Last edited by David Lee; 08-15-2017, 02:51 PM.
              Comment>

• "I do not dwell on the past; I do not undermine the present; and I do not fear the future, because I know who controls the times." ~ Jimi Akanbi

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding, acknowledge Him in everything you do, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

"How can you apply wisdom when there is no knowledge!" ~ Jimi Akanbi
                Comment>

• If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed. --MarkTwain

The trouble with the world is not that people know too little; it's that they know so many things that just aren't so. --Mark Twain
                  Comment>
                  Working...
                  X
                  Articles - News - SiteMap