A Christian forum to join in general communication with people from around the world.

Your Favorite Quotes

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Favorite Quotes

In a discussion about Perseverance of the Saints someone dropped a bomb of a quote. Made me think in that moment the difference between "Perseverance of the Saints" and "Once Saved Always Saved":

“No man living is perfectly assured of God’s love, or is so certain, that he cannot be made more certain.” –Daniel Burgess (1645–1713) The Marks of a Godly Man

God bless,
    William

Originally posted by William View Post
    In a discussion about Perseverance of the Saints someone dropped a bomb of a quote. Made me think, and I then I understood in that moment the difference between "Perseverance of the Saints" and "Once Saved Always Saved":

“No man living is perfectly assured of God’s love, or is so certain, that he cannot be made more certain.” –Daniel Burgess (1645–1713) The Marks of a Godly Man

God bless,
    William
    Revelation 22:13
    "I am the Alpha and the Omega,the First and Last, the Beginning and the End."

"It is such a quiet thing to fall; but far more terrible to admit it." -Kreia

"And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you -- ask what you can do for your country." -John F. Kennedy

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." -John F. Kennedy

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world was here first." -Mark Twain

Comment>

Originally posted by AGustOfWind View Post
      "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world was here first." -Mark Twain
      Gotta love Twain's wit!

God bless,
      William
      Comment>

"Lam puns are, pound for pound, your best entertainment value." - Gogo Dodo
        Comment>

"I know one thing. Indecision may or may not be my problem." - Jimmy Buffet
          Comment>

What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us.
            - A.W. Tozer
            Comment>

This is a good one from Martin Luther..
              I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess.
              Comment>

Originally posted by dcpastor View Post
                - a.w. Tozer
                yes!
                Comment>

From C.S. Lewis' book the problem of pain, Speaking of Jesus "only two of this man are possible. Either he was a raving lunatic of an unusually abominable type or else, he was and is precisely what he said. There is no middle way."
                  Comment>

From my signature line:

We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone ~John Calvin
                    Matthew 5
                    16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 7
                    12 However you want people to treat you, so treat them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

1 Corinthians 13
                    1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

1 Peter 3
                    15 Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.
                    Comment>

Click image for larger version

Name:	1351403185-b7747af93423b66e4270639e73325202.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	30266
                      Matthew 5
                      16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 7
                      12 However you want people to treat you, so treat them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

1 Corinthians 13
                      1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

1 Peter 3
                      15 Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.
                      Comment>

Here's one of my many favorites from the Psalms:

The wicked strut about on every side when vileness is exalted among the sons of men.~Psalm 12:8

MERRY CHRISTMAS :)

--David

"Love does not rejoice in unrighteousness,
                        but rejoices with the truth"

1 Cor 13:6
                        Last edited by David Lee; 12-21-2016, 02:01 PM.
                        Matthew 5

Matthew 7

1 Corinthians 13

1 Peter 3
                        Comment>

Name:	Calvin.jpg
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	30294
                          Comment>

Name:	proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.quoteaddicts.com%2Fmedia%2Fq4%2F755729.png&hash=73f6e86100bf679fb27025766d2cb5be.png
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	30329
                            Matthew 5

Matthew 7

1 Corinthians 13

1 Peter 3
                            Comment>

Click image for larger version  Name:	Radical Islam.jpg Views:	1 Size:	127.3 KB ID:	30328

Some wars are fought on different fronts. Not all doors are physical but some of them are ideological and spiritual... disarm a soldier and they'll remain the course while steadfast in battle... . any Chaplains, Apologists, and Missionaries here?
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap