A Christian forum to join in general communication with people from around the world.

Transgender problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transgender problem

I read this on Facebook today:

"Many Christians have a transgender problem - they pretend to be Jesus instead of his bride."
    Clyde Herrin's Blog

interesting? Pretending to be Jesus bride? I am not entirely sure what this means?
    Comment>

The Bible speaks of the church, the whole body of believers, as being the bride of Christ. What does it mean that the church is the bride of Christ?

Here is a Biblical passage that speaks of the practical application of this truth.
      Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.

Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, because we are members of his body. “Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church.
      (Ephesians 5:22-32 ESV)
      Clyde Herrin's Blog
      Comment>

Originally posted by Fenderen View Post
        interesting? Pretending to be Jesus bride? I am not entirely sure what this means?
        The only way it makes sense is that followers of Christ are not being submissive to the head of the Church - Jesus Christ.

The word and label transgender, of course, throws the point off because it is a terrible way describing the submissive nature of God's people.

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

Great hook, I like it. I was listening to our pastor saying our time on earth is limited. I thought to my self, becoming a Follower of Jesus Christ is good until we die. Well I thought its like a "limited time offer" There is an "expiration date" on our life. Satan so distracts us that we think we have all the time in the world to learn about God. the truth is we don't. I am 71 and every day seems closer to going to be with Jesus Christ. I have some far of the pain involved if I go that way. But it would be nice to move on while sleeping. I have nearly died three times and each time I hurt so bad I was ready. That's why I dread the pain. I came to the conclusion a long time ago after reading Romans 8"29 that my suffering was learning obedience in learning to suffer. Jesus suffering was beyond comparison, and we have no idea what it felt like to suffer for all those who would follow Him, I can't even imagine how that would have been for Jesus to suffer for me and you.

I think I just chased a rabbit. I got a little off and I am sorry. Yes I am so blessed to be a bride.
          Comment>

Originally posted by justme View Post
            I think I just chased a rabbit.
            Sometimes that can be a good thing to do. :)
            Clyde Herrin's Blog
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap