A Christian forum to join in general communication with people from around the world.

Fashion Statements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fashion Statements

More...

This shouldn't be called Fashion Statements but Required Uniform if you don't want to be called an ignorant bigot. Society is becoming a hive mind where people are only allowed to have the prescribed opinion and any deviation on that is a hate crime. The funny thing is that the people wearing those shirts can't bother to do the same, they won't tolerate your religion or coexist with you unless you ignore part of your religion they don't like.
    Comment>

I say to each their own. I personally have never had a problem with the way someone else dresses or expresses themselves, especially the teens today. I have this belief that if I don't like it then I shouldn't look at it. Unfortunately, not everyone is like that and some people take it upon themselves to try and enforce their way of thinking and force their beliefs on you and if they feel that they don't like the way you express yourself through your clothes, then it's their duty to tell you and get you to change. I've often wondered about those people who allow themselves to get upset or even angry about someone else's choices. I think we should all be able to make the choices we want, as long as we are not hurting anybody.
      Comment>

Well I have never really been a big fan of these types of shirts, or the whole Coexist movement, which I am still not really sure where it came from to begin with. I am not really sure what everyone else will make of these, but I am guessing that on the whole we are not big fans. I just think that when it comes to faith, it is nothing that T-shirts and petty material things can play any significant part in, and I always question the motive when they start to, which is the case with the above to me.
        Comment>

Originally posted by LeapOfFaith89 View Post
          This shouldn't be called Fashion Statements but Required Uniform if you don't want to be called an ignorant bigot. Society is becoming a hive mind where people are only allowed to have the prescribed opinion and any deviation on that is a hate crime. The funny thing is that the people wearing those shirts can't bother to do the same, they won't tolerate your religion or coexist with you unless you ignore part of your religion they don't like.
          You're completely right, most people do not respect other people's thoughts and they somehow want you to do things you basically would not ever do, it has happened to me a thousand times, but I avoid it every time I get asked to do anything out of my standards, sometimes we have to say no, it does not matter how hard or rude it sounds, it's a magic word for many of us.
          Comment>

I don't actually see a lot of those types of shirts where I come from, but if I can digress a bit, Hollywood tends to push them in their TV shows and movies, probably hoping that the styles will catch on in the general population. One thing I've noticed with that sort of media, is that Christian tee shirts are completely lacking. Since we are never positively represented in movies or television, I see no reason for the other agenda to be followed so closely either. Therefore, I tend to ignore shows that display fashion propaganda, which leaves me with pretty much just "blasts from the past" to watch... which I don't mind since I think TV died around 1994 anyway. The leftist uniform is something you see mostly on the younger set, because they are pretty much targeted by the propaganda police. It's sad, but unfortunately, not unprecedented. The young have always sought out their own styles and behaviors, and lately, the media has pounced on that.
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap