A Christian forum to join in general communication with people from around the world.

Know Heaven Versus No Heaven

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Know Heaven Versus No Heaven

More...

The word 'HEAVEN', comes from the Hebrew, old germanic, and Nordic word for;

'SKY'.
    Comment>

We are given 1 life. After that there are no more chances.

But in that life are opportunities. Opportunities for everyone and they are numerous. It's the believer that can see these opportunities for what they are. Without belief we are not aware of the life we have. Not only can you not accept faith but you are not able to see clearly. You are blinded by human nature and bound by sin. You become a slave to human nature leaving you without a purpose. The people around us give us purpose. If one is able to know what that purpose is, those opportunities will appear in many numbers. If you cannot believe your way to a purpose, you will throw your opportunities away and the devil will have power over your life. Some people see the light right before they die, because they know it's the biggest opportunity they've ever had, yet many people have a chance to get saved over the 50-100 year period over their life and do not. Makes you realize that the power of jesus is known. Well known throughout the human soul whether consciously aware of it or not.
      Comment>

Originally posted by phil boyce-bottoms View Post
        The word 'HEAVEN', comes from the Hebrew, old germanic, and Nordic word for;

'SKY'.

Yes, when my body dies, I'll go up to be with my Lord.
        Comment>

The word 'LORD', is NOT a divine title.
          Comment>

Originally posted by phil boyce-bottoms View Post
            The word 'LORD', is NOT a divine title.
            ADONAI: The word adon, in Hebrew, is translated "lord." God's name as Adonai is a form of the word "adon" with an "ai" ending. Adonai is used about 439 times in the Bible and can be translated either as "Lord" or as "my Lord". Biblical scholars and linguists, however, cannot agree as to the meaning of the "ai" suffix that has been added to the Hebrew word for "lord" (adon). Some scholars have suggested it indicates a plural of majesty. In most English translations this word is rendered as "Lord" with the first letter capitalized and the other letters lower case. Those translations that have the word "Lord" in all capital letters, "LORD", are instead indicating God's covenant name YHWH (usually rendered "Yahweh"). The use of all capital letters denotes the difference between the use of Adonai and Yahweh. (Only the NRSV translation confuses the issue by rendering Adonai as both "Lord" and "LORD").

Adonai = "Lord" (Note: LORD, all in capital letters is a substitution out of reverence for God's covenant name "Yahweh"): Then Moses said to the LORD, 'Please Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither recently nor in time past, nor since you have spoken to your servant; for I am slow of speech and slow of tongue. And the LORD said to him, 'Who has made men's mouth? Or who make him dumb or deaf, or seeing or blind? Is it not I, the LORD?' (Exodus 4:10-12).

God bless,
            William
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap