A Christian forum to join in general communication with people from around the world.

The king's cross

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The king's cross

Long ago a palace towered above the land on top of a great hill. Through its halls came the sound of chains and shackles, a great king summoned the prisoner before his throne. A man bare foot with tattered clothes. There in the court stood tall before the man a mighty throne as light from a window behind cast a shadow from a cross top the throne onto the man. From the eyes of the king, he glared at the guilty prisoner, only seeing the shadowy cross cast onto the man.

With authority a servant charged the prisoner with terrorism. The terrorist struck great fear into the kingdom's citizens, the servant cried. The king after a moment's pause then spoke, saying, what say you, if I take the life of your children? The court's men held up their swords. The prisoner stood for some time, lifting his eyes from the floor, then spoke, and pleaded to the king, take my life instead. The king then spoke with authority. Saying, what say you, if I take the life of your wife? The court's men held up their swords. The man after a long moment once again lifted his eyes from the floor, with tears he said, if you spare the life of my wife, I shall, my king, serve you until the end of my days, mercy. After a chilling silence the king then spoke, I shall spare your children's lives, and the life of your wife, and you shall serve my kingdom until the end of your days. The king then gave the man a title, an overseer of a great providence in his kingdom.

On the way home, in their cart pulled by horses the family rode into the setting sun. The man turned to his wife, and said, did you see the floor, it was made of the finest stone? The wife said no, I did not. The man after another mile said to his wife, did you see his throne? It has the finest gold and every gem imaginable seated in silver? The wife said no, I did not. After some time, the man then turned to his wife and said, did you see the kings crown, it too was made from the finest jewels? The wife said no, I did not. Confused, the man then turned to his wife, and said, what then did you see?

With tears, and gasping for air, she said, I saw the Christ, and sacrificed Him for me!

Ah yes, 1. that the beloved of Jesus should not be condemned by he who rules the world; because the Christ, the husband sacrificed Himself that we, the bride, should be saved.
    2. What is it that we see in each other?
    3. What is it that we seek: the glitz and glamor of a worldly kingdom that stands for Christianity, or is it the Christ, who sacrificed Himself that we may have Life and have Him more abundantly.

I could enact at least a dozen messages by the telling of that one story.

Oh yeah, yes I changed "Life" and have it more abundantly to "Him" on purpose.

God Bless you Mightily..........Bobby
    Comment>

Originally posted by Bobby Cole View Post
      Ah yes, 1. that the beloved of Jesus should not be condemned by he who rules the world; because the Christ, the husband sacrificed Himself that we, the bride, should be saved.
      2. What is it that we see in each other?
      3. What is it that we seek: the glitz and glamor of a worldly kingdom that stands for Christianity, or is it the Christ, who sacrificed Himself that we may have Life and have Him more abundantly.

I could enact at least a dozen messages by the telling of that one story.

Oh yeah, yes I changed "Life" and have it more abundantly to "Him" on purpose.

God Bless you Mightily..........Bobby

Quite honest, I never saw it from your perspective. Beautiful, Bobbby!

God bless,
      William
      Comment>
      Working...
      X
      Articles - News - SiteMap