A Christian forum to join in general communication with people from around the world.

Prayer for Christian bloggers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayer for Christian bloggers

I found this prayer for Christian bloggers on a blog I follow.
    "Father, I have no way of knowing who will read the things I write today but you do. Guide my thoughts and fingers, and speak to that person through me. Make me an instrument of your will."
    This is an excellent prayer not only for bloggers but for Christians who post on other parts of the internet, including in this forum.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog

The thing about the internet is that it is an ongoing record. What irks me is when I later concede on something wrong and the wrong material stays up. It is my hopes that I am not wrong, but of course, but only "shallow" in comprehension or scriptural interpretation. Another words, if I suggest something now, then later it will only be a "deeper" point, but my later point does not make my first point wrong. This is typically occurring in my bible study in John. John is so multifaceted or having multiple depths. So many allusions to expound on. John 1:1 for example, I may not of seen the allusion before to Genesis 1, and certainly not an indepth understanding of the Logos. Then the shift to the Hypostatic Union, the theological terminology such as Regeneration in Chapter 3, or the arguments of those following John's baptism even now-a-days. Learning the counter arguments tends to redefine how we present our own commentary, carefully crafting words in order to clarify what is right. My daughter is actually my greatest critic, and she nailed me one time on a point that I parroted and had not researched myself. An automated reply to her was later conceded. She then turned around and said, how then can I ever believe you? She was much younger at the time, but her point was valid and well taken.

I think bloggers have it a little easier, because they can remove content without much affecting a conversation, dialogue, and/or debate. When wrong it is most important for the wrong material to stay online in a forum after another prevails over falsehood. Many people benefit from actually following a member's line of thinking in a thread only to see the greater truth in opposition. Not to mention how we present ourselves during debates goes a long way.

Just my thoughts....

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

That is nice, and would be something good to have at the end of all your posts, just there as a reminder. When you think about all of the time that we spend online and reading content and looking at the screen, it would be nice to have that reminder there. I think that anytime you can put a positive spin on something you might as well go ahead and do so, and I would say that this applies to this situation. Thanks for sharing.
      Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
        I found this prayer for Christian bloggers on a blog I follow.
        "Father, I have no way of knowing who will read the things I write today but you do. Guide my thoughts and fingers, and speak to that person through me. Make me an instrument of your will."
        This is an excellent prayer not only for bloggers but for Christians who post on other parts of the internet, including in this forum.
        Hi Theo, this is an excellent reminder and admonishment, and I thank you for it :) I always try to keep verses like 1 Peter 3:15, Matthew 7:12 & Ephesians 4:29 (and others // see below*) in the forefront of my mind when I post, but (mostly because of recent time constraints and due in part to my own arrogance as well), I often fail to do the even more important thing, which is pray. I have been blessed with great teachers and, as a result, a lot of knowledge to draw upon, but I've seen what happens when I begin to depend on my knowledge and understanding alone, rather than always remembering to post in deference to the HS and His guidance, and it is rarely pretty :(

Thanks again! I printed your blogger's prayer out and I'll keep it near my workstation as a reminder!

Yours in Christ,
        David
        p.s. - our opening "rule" here at CF is another great thing to remember: 1. All talk should be to the glory of God.
        "Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence" ~1 Peter 3:15

"However you want people to treat you, so treat them, for this is the Law and the Prophets" ~Matthew 7:12

"Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, that it may give grace to those who hear" ~Ephesians 4:29
        Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
        Comment>

That prayer should just come up every time people open up a window to a social media site or just the internet in general. Though, who knows, it might just add more fuel to feed the trolls with. I think people's desire of anonymity really stems from a desire not for privacy but to let out their worst selves out without any empathy toward the person on the other end. Thanks for posting the prayer, it's great!
          Comment>

I personally think that the Internet is the best thing that ever happened to us as a human race. I love the fact that we can connect with people from all over the world and share our thoughts and our passions with each other, as long as we focus on being genuine and providing value to others then we will never encounter any problems or regrets, whether we are sharing on blogs, or posting on forums, there will be nothing to come back and bite us later. I love your prayer for Christian bloggers. I have one that is similar, only, I use that as an affirmation each day when I'm about to start my work : Lord, bring me others like me who share my passion and the sharing will elevate us both.
            Comment>

Today I found a blog post that contains an even better prayer.

A Christian Blogger’s Prayer – Elihu's Corner
              Clyde Herrin's Blog
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap