A Christian forum to join in general communication with people from around the world.

Massive Full-Scaled Version of Noah's Ark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive Full-Scaled Version of Noah's Ark

Here is the original article Massive Full-Scale Version of Noah's Ark Comes to Life in Kentucky by John Kapetaneas and Alexa Valiante.

Hopefully they finished the Ark by July 7th but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a little later considering how massive the ark is. I so want to go to Williamstown, Kentucky to go see it. According to Ken Ham, the ark is 510 feet long, 85 feet wide, and 51 feet high. The projected cost of it is about a hundred million dollars. It's just a couple miles from his Creation Museum. The admissions of the Ark Encounter will be $40 for adults and $28 for children with is very a very reasonable price.

Well that would certainly be something to see. The first thing that came to my mind was seeing a real old time ship when we were in Boston and that thing was impressive, so I am sure this is probably a hundred times better. I always wish that I lived near something like this, but alas I am doomed to the plains. I am curious to see how much work went into something like that and the man hours and work that had to be sacrificed. Thank you for sharing this.
    Comment>

Originally posted by rz3300 View Post
      Well that would certainly be something to see. The first thing that came to my mind was seeing a real old time ship when we were in Boston and that thing was impressive, so I am sure this is probably a hundred times better. I always wish that I lived near something like this, but alas I am doomed to the plains. I am curious to see how much work went into something like that and the man hours and work that had to be sacrificed. Thank you for sharing this.

God bless,
      William
      Comment>

As much as I would like to see something like this, I have to agree with the article's antagonist that this is an inappropriate tax payer expense. It's a recreation of the ark, not a rebuilding of the actual ark and as such, just how valuable is it as a tourist attraction, especially one that costs so much to visit? I have to disagree with that person on this point however... I believe that dinosaurs DID walk on earth alongside man and there is scientific evidence that proves that beyond a shadow of a doubt. Actually, the more I think about this ark theme park, the more I'd like to go see it... but those prices are a bit prohibitive, at least in my book. Someone is going to make a heck of a lot of money on this. I once stood in line for an hour to get a chance to walk on the Bounty, a movie ship that sunk not too long ago while sailing out in hurricane Sandy. That was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for me, since that ship is now gone, but the chance only cost me about $12.00. My $40.00 is better spent elsewhere, at least in my opinion... like paying bills, for example.
        Comment>

I heard they filed for tax exempt status but we're denied. So how much taxpayer money went into it?
          ​​​
          Comment>

Originally posted by Novelangel View Post
            Someone is going to make a heck of a lot of money on this. I once stood in line for an hour to get a chance to walk on the Bounty, a movie ship that sunk not too long ago while sailing out in hurricane Sandy. That was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for me, since that ship is now gone, but the chance only cost me about $12.00. My $40.00 is better spent elsewhere, at least in my opinion... like paying bills, for example.
            I take it you live near the coast? If they make money, it goes towards defending creation. I thinlk i wou​​​​​​ld take
            the $12 and put it towards something for GOD vs some movie ship. Not that what you did was wrong​​​​​​ of course. An ark in KY sounds almost as crazy building one sounded in the days of Noah.

Comment>

Originally posted by Even So View Post

I take it you live near the coast? If they make money, it goes towards defending creation. I thinlk i wou​​​​​​ld take
              the $12 and put it towards something for GOD vs some movie ship. Not that what you did was wrong​​​​​​ of course. An ark in KY sounds almost as crazy building one sounded in the days of Noah.
              I don't live near a coast, actually, but I do love the tall ships and every few years or so, (this year, in fact) there will be a festival in Michigan, in Bay City. I've been to the tall ships festival only once and really can't afford to go this summer, but my point in my first reply, was that I have to be careful about what I do for entertainment as everything is so expensive these days. I don't have the kind of cash it would take to go see this new 'ark' that someone has built in Kentucky. I was using the price of walking on the Bounty as only an example of how I prefer to spend my money on entertainment, that is all. Will the new 'ark' theme park help promote God's word? I hope so, that would be an excellent way to spend money... but how? Do they use that cash to feed, clothe and house the homeless poor? Do they use it to translate and deliver Bibles for third world nations? We really don't know how they use the moneys earned from this park. I just hope you're right, that the income will help spread the Word rather than just lining someone's pocket with green.
              Comment>

Will the new 'ark' theme park help promote God's word? I hope so, that would be an excellent way to spend money... but how?
                Answers in Genesis just posted an article on its website which explains the reason for building the ark. Our Real Motive for Building Ark Encounter | Answers in Genesis

So how much taxpayer money went into it?
                None. It was financed entirely by gifts from individuals.
                Clyde Herrin's Blog
                Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post

xactly

Comment>

I just hope..., that the income will help spread the Word rather than just lining someone's pocket with green.
                    We'll havta trust GOD for that.

Comment>

We'll havta trust GOD for that.
                      True enough. ;) But it doesn't hurt to say a few words to Him regarding the subject if and when we give money. Whether our giving is directly to a charity or to something more 'vague' such as this, we need to pray for the work that will be done with our donations. Also, I want to thank theophilus for making this topic more clear to me by sharing that article link. :)
                      Comment>

we need to pray for the work that will be done with our donations
                        We should also pray for that the ark will be effective in winning people to Christ whether we support it financially or not. I have made a post on this subject here: Pray for the Ark Encounter -Christforums
                        Clyde Herrin's Blog
                        Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
                          Answers in Genesis just posted an article on its website which explains the reason for building the ark. Our Real Motive for Building Ark Encounter | Answers in Genesis

The article was really interesting, thanks for posting it. I thought it was kind of ironic that people get so upset at the idea of building a physical representation of parts of the bible when historically the church has done it for centuries. Basically every old Catholic church was created to represent the most important parts of the bible because people used to be illiterate and understanding pictures, artworks, and sculptures is universal. He's basically recreating an old idea into a fresh museum and ark. There are some things that when you read them are taken for granted but when seen intensify the story and brings the point across. In the world of Instagram and Pinterest, a physical ark will make a definite impression.
                          Comment>

Originally posted by LeapOfFaith89 View Post
                            I thought it was kind of ironic that people get so upset at the idea of building a physical representation of parts of the bible when historically the church has done it for centuries.
                            I agree with you, some people sound like Judas when the perfume was being poured.

God bless,
                            William
                            Comment>

What about the animals? If I don't get to see every animal in the world on that ship it's going to be a deal breaker :p.

The Ark being built does kinda sound like a crazy idea. Hope they make their money back or bring immense amounts of joy to people because I don't see it being worth it otherwise.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap