A Christian forum to join in general communication with people from around the world.

White Jesus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Jesus

First, MTV talking about religion is simply weird. Francesca Ramsey had done some entertaining parodies so I was willing to watch this. I found it offensive because she fails to realize that most of the art she was referencing was made in Europe where European artist painted from European models. Having said this, what is your opinion after watching this?

What is my opinion after watching this? That would form if I even watch it in the first place. Why would I want to watch what some agenda-driven idiot has to say on some filthy channel from Satan's backside?

Jesus was not white. He definitely was not black. He most likely looked like a jew, but we do not know.
    Comment>

Does it even matter what Jesus looked like? While people argue about Jesus apperance [was he white, was he black, etc] they forget that the Jesus who lives now looks entirely different from the Jesus who was crucified here 2000 years ago. John fainted when he saw HIm and later he describes His appearance thusly: "And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, and among the lampstands was someone like a son of man,d dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance."
      Comment>

I would imagine that Jesus looked like your average middle-eastern man of today. We do know from the Biblical description that he was not overly attractive and was in fact, quite plain. He probably had light brown skin, possibly green or brown eyes, dark hair and beard, and other features common to that region and the people. It's fascinating to imagine what He might have looked like, at least for me, but in no way was He white or black, or Asian. He was a Hebrew and would have the features common to the Hebrew people.
        Comment>

Originally posted by Smithee View Post
          Does it even matter what Jesus looked like?
          Only to those who WANT to make an issue of it.

Comment>

It all depends on the culture and country, to be honest. Here in my country, I have seen sculptures of Jesus wearing local traditional garments, which are in no way related to the Bible or the time period at all. I don't think it's an insult or satire, I just think that the people made it to feel closer to God, and having a figure that closely resembles the culture and lifestyle of the people in the area would be of more help, rather than the usual depictions of Jesus. I don't think it's wrong, maybe it's just a way to make it easier for newer believers such as kids to identify with someone like Jesus.
            Comment>

Jesus was neither white nor black. Jesus was meant to suit every race. Nobody ever realised that he represented a different community or tribe. Wherever he went, he looked the same as the people there. What made him different from others was the place he was born in. He himself does not talk about his colour. He never differentiated himself because of colour.
              Comment>

MTV Decoded is some of the trashiest television that you can find. It spouts SJW rhetoric ad nauseam to the point of making a person sick just by watching. As for what race Jesus was,.. who cares? People who try to make an argument over that just want to spread hate and should be ignored outright.
                Comment>

Originally posted by Smithee View Post
                  Does it even matter what Jesus looked like? While people argue about Jesus apperance [was he white, was he black, etc] they forget that the Jesus who lives now looks entirely different from the Jesus who was crucified here 2000 years ago. John fainted when he saw HIm and later he describes His appearance thusly: "And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, and among the lampstands was someone like a son of man,d dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance."
                  • Isaiah 53:2 - For he grew up before him like a young plant, and like a root out of dry ground; he had no form or majesty that we should look at him, and no beauty that we should desire him.

In the eyes of men Jesus had no beauty, no comeliness, no splendor, which, in short, had nothing that could direct or captivate the hearts of men to Him by His outward appearance.

God bless,
                  William
                  Comment>

This is interesting actually. I've seen different ethnic depictions of Jesus, I've seen him painted as a black man and as an Indian man with a turban and everything. But yeah he most likely looked similar to Middle-Eastern people of today.
                    Comment>

It's not really something that matter to be honest. What matters is the figure that jesus represents, not the color of the skin. Plus, MTV programs are all junk, the best is to not even watch it, since you're giving them more popularity.
                      Comment>

Well, I don't think that his color and race matter. That was never the point. His personality is the only thing that matters. Looks don't.
                        Comment>

Firstly that MTV channel is very revisionist and biased, of course Jesus was not white - he is not from a part of the world where white people are from, just as the ancient Egyptians were not black but rather arab.

Really though what does it matter? God is god and that is what is most important
                          Comment>

There somethings we should pay less attention to and this is one of those things. If you have a personal walk with Christ you'll get to know Him. I careless of how he look like I have His testimony for my salvation and that is just enough for enough. If they want to go make a research of how Jesus Christ look like then leave them to their folly. Men has fallen into error ever since they resulted to find the source of God riches by their own understanding. The mystery is not theirs to uncover but ours to discover.
                            Comment>

I think what he stood for and spoke should suffice. As his appearance changes from continent and ethnicity. The words that he spoke is what carries him.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap