A Christian forum to join in general communication with people from around the world.

Here's why we need a wall at the Mexican border

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's why we need a wall at the Mexican border

Fox News exposes the inadequacy of the current fence:

Click image for larger version

Name:	fnc-ff-20110707-fenceclimber.png
Views:	1
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	12481

The $75 cost of a passport in Mexico has the border crossings secure. Right? So, we need to focus on the rest of the border.

Click image for larger version

Name:	US-Mexico-Cars-Border-680x340.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	12482

(If a wall would actually help, our ***ish Supreme Court would rule it unconstitutional.)

What we need is to adopt "Mexico's immigration laws" (real border control is not at the border). But, all we have to vote for are Amnesty Republicans (Jeb Bush, Rubio) and Wall Republicans (Trump, Cruz), all of which play conservatives for fools.

News 2020: The Trump Wall has reduced illegal immigration (crossing the border without declaring entry).

News 2021: In a 5-4 decision, Ginsburg, Breyer, Kegan, Sotomayor, and Garland ordered the federal government to tear down that wall, writing that the wall violates the constitutional right to freedom of movement of Americans. Ginsburg noted that immigrants and visitors can simply meet their obligations by visiting one of the ubiquitous immigration facilitation offices to declare entry. In the dissenting opinion, Roberts wrote that that the minor inconvenience of the wall to entry is offset by the need to assure that the people entering the US have declared their entry, thus avoiding undocumented presence and protecting the government's right to monitor everyone.

News 2025: President of the Southern Baptists, after establishing an Affirmative Action program for married lesbian pastors (per federal regulations for churches), said "I am delighted that we can now move on to address the need to carpet bomb Jordan because they've refused to force Christians to move out of western Jordan to give Israel a secure buffer zone. "

Comment>

Just WHY was Sodom destroyed? Being inhospitable to strangers! What did Jesus say in Matthew 25:31ff? Guess WHO that illegal immigrant is. Notice that Jesus related this story to his disciples, but the message applies to EVERYONE!
      Comment>

I cannot see if you are for or against proper control of our borders but I am going to be clear about this. I was a successful carpenter and all my jobs drew top pay. I paid beginners at ten dollar an hour and when the Mexicans and other Central Americans arrived here, in Texas, in the eighties building slop for three, twenty-five, they put me and my men out of business. Build the wall!
        Comment>

Building a wall on the boarder is a ridiculous idea, just looking at the cost and logistics of it makes me cringe. So many things that haven't been addressed properly like where is the money going to come from? Who is going to man the walls (The main reason the wall of china was historically successful at keeping the mongols out was because of the people manning the wall, and not just the wall itself.)?

Anyway, its a childish idea, and if they want immigration control they are going to have to come up with something that actually will work and not something that a child would come up with.
          Comment>

Originally posted by Beardedfellow View Post
            Building a wall on the boarder is a ridiculous idea, just looking at the cost and logistics of it makes me cringe. So many things that haven't been addressed properly like where is the money going to come from? Who is going to man the walls (The main reason the wall of china was historically successful at keeping the mongols out was because of the people manning the wall, and not just the wall itself.)?

Anyway, its a childish idea, and if they want immigration control they are going to have to come up with something that actually will work and not something that a child would come up with.
            People already are "manning the wall", so to speak. Border patrols cruise those regions every single day and night, and they do it not just to guard against illegals coming into the U.S., but also to quickly reach and help those same illegals, so they don't die from heat stroke out in the desert. These are the people who would man the wall if it is built, people who have been doing this job for decades already. Yes, the wall is supposed to guard against illegal immigration and its drain on our economy, but it will also protect those desperate individuals who are trying to get to the U.S. through any means possible. Seriously, those people can DIE out there and often do, if nobody comes to give them fresh water and get them out of the elements.
            Comment>

If you had been listening, Mr. Trump has addressed those issues. And if I recall correctly the cost is a couple of Billion and Texas, alone spends more than that every two or three years policing the creeps making the lost money a major factor. Take the other Border States into consideration and the saved funds would pay for the Wall in less than one year.

Do you live in a Border State?

Do you even know what MS13 is?
              Comment>

Absolutely. We will spend $20 billion dollars to build a wall, A mexican will buy a 31 foot fence for $20. Also, San Diego has a wall, and there are hundreds of tunnels under it. Put it this way. El Chap was able to build a tunnel a mile long and connect it exactly with his prison cell in order to escape maximum security prison... he did it in less than 4 months. The wall is going to be 1000 miles long, there will be 1000 tunnels under it within a year.
                Comment>

This migration is getting to be a big problem with host governments. There is a move by Greece and other European countries to stem the tide of Syrian migrants who come in droves, searching for a place to live. This is a double-faced issue to me. I can't imagine the pathetic situation of the migrants particularly those in search of a home. What if we are one of those migrants?

Although Mexico has a different color from Syria, the migrants mostly are from other South (or central) American countries like Ecuador and Guatemala. From a documentary, it was shown that crime was so high in their countries that they pay a big amount so one of their children can go to Mexico in the hope of crossing the border. And when that child succeeds, the family will wait until their child is settled to get them to America. The wife of my husband's cousin in America is a Guatemalan. She was a successful migrant who crossed the border sometime in the 1980s. When sghe got a good job, she was able to get her parents to the US.

Now, if the border wall will be created then all those American dreams of Central and South Americans will be snuffed.
                  Comment>

Originally posted by th1b.taylor View Post
                    I cannot see if you are for or against proper control of our borders but I am going to be clear about this. I was a successful carpenter and all my jobs drew top pay. I paid beginners at ten dollar an hour and when the Mexicans and other Central Americans arrived here, in Texas, in the eighties building slop for three, twenty-five, they put me and my men out of business. Build the wall!
                    Let me make it clear, Sodom was destroyed because of being inhospitable to strangers. Jesus made it clear that HE is "the least of these", and when you refuse to help needy people, it is HE who you turn away. Don't forget, the reason Right wingers oppose immigration reform is that THEY arfe the ones who employ undocumented workers. Strengthen the Unions, hire Union labor!!!!
                    Comment>

While it is true that people illegally coming through the borders are a menace, since they usually come carrying illegal items such as firearms and drugs, but a wall wouldn't be able to do the job. A stricter security would be a much better fit rather than a literal wall, and more detailed processing when scanning potential immigrants. That is what they should do, not spend millions recreating China's World Wonder.
                      Comment>

Did it occur to anyone that God might have a reason for allowing so many illegal immigrants to try to enter this country?

Immigration and evangelism | clydeherrin

Instead of trying to keep immigrants out of the country Christians should be trying to reach them with the gospel.
                        Clyde Herrin's Blog
                        Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
                          Did it occur to anyone that God might have a reason for allowing so many illegal immigrants to try to enter this country?

Immigration and evangelism | clydeherrin

Instead of trying to keep immigrants out of the country Christians should be trying to reach them with the gospel.
                          Interesting. This is the first time I've ever heard a Christian give this statement. I congratulate you, theophilus, for thinking out of the box. I'm actually for the wall for a lot of reasons, as my post above shows, but I think you have a strong point here. However, another thing we Christians might want to do is travel to those countries that are spitting out immigrants left and right and reach them where they are. In this way, we can learn for ourselves WHY they are so desperate to get out of their situation. If we walk a few miles in their shoes, we will have a much better understanding of the illegal alien mindset. Perhaps if we helped them to live better lives in their own countries, they wouldn't be so eager to enter the U.S. that they feel the need to do it against the law.
                          Comment>

The problem with a wall is that people can dig underneath it. Just the other day they found a tunnel, with a rail line, running from Mexico into Southern California. In the tunnel they found 1 ton of cocaine, and addition 8 tons or so of marijuana. Who knows how long this tunnel has been there. Thankfully they were able to stop that shipment of drugs making it through. Look at Israel though. There are tunnels that are dug underneath the wall to get into Israel from Palestine. It will just cost additional money and manpower to monitor the land around the walls to prevent digging.
                            Comment>

Originally posted by LivingH2O View Post
                              The problem with a wall is that people can dig underneath it. Just the other day they found a tunnel, with a rail line, running from Mexico into Southern California. In the tunnel they found 1 ton of cocaine, and addition 8 tons or so of marijuana. Who knows how long this tunnel has been there. Thankfully they were able to stop that shipment of drugs making it through. Look at Israel though. There are tunnels that are dug underneath the wall to get into Israel from Palestine. It will just cost additional money and manpower to monitor the land around the walls to prevent digging.
                              This proves that walls are ineffective against criminals who have the resources to find ways around and under them. Walls do keep out poor people who are simply looking for a chance to make a living and who would be an asset to our country.
                              Clyde Herrin's Blog
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap