A Christian forum to join in general communication with people from around the world.

Who do you write like?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you write like?

Have you ever wondered which famous writer your writing style resembles? If you are like me you probably haven't. The idea never occurred to me until I discovered this site:

I Write Like

Check which famous writer you write like with this statistical analysis tool, which analyzes your word choice and writing style and compares them with those of the famous writers.
    Any text in English will do: your latest blog post, journal entry, comment, chapter of your unfinished book, etc. For reliable results paste at least a few paragraphs (not tweets).
    I tried seven posts from my blog and apparently I write like H. P. Lovecraft. This was the verdict for three of the posts. The other four were George Orwell, Dan Brown, James Joyce, and William Shakespeare.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
    Have you ever wondered which famous writer your writing style resembles? If you are like me you probably haven't. The idea never occurred to me until I discovered this site:

I Write Like

I tried seven posts from my blog and apparently I write like H. P. Lovecraft. This was the verdict for three of the posts. The other four were George Orwell, Dan Brown, James Joyce, and William Shakespeare.
    Yeah, I got Dan Brown. I did not care for that at all. I would say the site looks at content and has nothing to do with style. When I moved away from topics having to do with textual criticism and manuscripts etc., it came back with Edgar Allan Poe.
    Comment>

I entered a blog in for myself that I recently posted elsewhere, and it came back as Dan Brown. I must work to change this!! lol :D
      Comment>

Originally posted by deidre View Post
        i entered a blog in for myself that i recently posted elsewhere, and it came back as dan brown. I must work to change this!! Lol
        Oh yeah! Me too!
        Comment>

I write like:
          Mario Puzo
          Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
            I write like:
            Mario Puzo
            So you are the Godfather.

Comment>

Originally posted by Origen View Post
              So you are the Godfather.
              I have no idea. I think it means the author of the Godfather. I've never even watched the movie before.
              Comment>

I have no idea. I think it means the author of the Godfather. I've never even watched the movie before.
                Joking Don Corleone. lol

Comment>

I took another sampling of a debate I was in on another forum, copied and pasted into the link...and the result was Kurt Vonnegut. lol I will take him over Dan Brown, thank you! :p
                  Comment>

Originally posted by Deidre View Post
                    I took another sampling of a debate I was in on another forum, copied and pasted into the link...and the result was Kurt Vonnegut. lol I will take him over Dan Brown, thank you! :p
                    I have no idea who Kurt Vonnegut is but I would take anyone over the blasphemer Dan Brown. :D
                    Comment>

I have no idea who Kurt Vonnegut is but I would take anyone over the blasphemer Dan Brown. :D
                      Exactly...it's funny, because I've never read any of his work and don't intend to! lol
                      Comment>

Originally posted by Deidre View Post
                        Exactly...it's funny, because I've never read any of his work and don't intend to! lol
                        I read Slaughterhouse-Five many years ago. Weird!!!
                        Comment>

Apparently I write like Kurt Vonnegut. I guess I can live with that as I have read some of his thrillers in the past and I write that style myself...only the genre I used in that website was humor-based rather than a thriller. Hmmm. Must be that I write very thrilling humorous stories. ;) Just kidding, of course. I went to the site once before and at that time it said I wrote like Stephen King. That wasn't too surprising because I was a very precocious reader as a child, and I was reading his books as early as age 10. When I started writing as a teenager, I picked up on Stephen's early style and would write like that as often as possible.
                          Comment>

Put a snippet of a rant I had on another forum and got back Dan Brown :(. This must be the equivalent of try harder next time. I don't know where I went wrong... well, I'm off to go write mediocre books for a ton of cash now.
                            Comment>

I got Margaret Mitchell who wrote Gone With The Wind. I don't agree, I distinctly remember trying to read Gone With The Wind in school and I had trouble with it. I don't agree that my style is like hers because of how stiff hers is. I wonder if there are any modern writers on the list from this side of the century. But it's kind of cool that to be pared with her.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap