A Christian forum to join in general communication with people from around the world.

With and Without Creeds and Confessions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With and Without Creeds and Confessions

Click image for larger version

Name:	11070098_1416467595322771_8330086566691543502_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	1137

There's a difference between following Tradition (Roman Catholic) and Scripture (Catholic by affirmations). I couldn't help but agree with this meme, given the many "protestant" denominations which claim they only go by the Bible. Creed/Confessions or affirmations guided and protected the church from heretical doctrine throughout her history.

This is so true. I never realized how important it was to understand the time frame and the cultures. Without the historical understanding, what they say and how they act can seem so foreign and strange. I find that this is especially important with the Old Testaments.
    Comment>

Absolutely, as long as the creeds, confessions, and catechism(s) you hold to direct you back to the bible they should be used as such, but the moment they start leading you away you should throw them out.
      Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
        There's a difference between following Tradition (Roman Catholic) and Scripture (Catholic by affirmations). I couldn't help but agree with this meme, given the many "protestant" denominations which claim they only go by the Bible. Creed/Confessions or affirmations guided and protected the church from heretical doctrine throughout her history.
        I could not agree more.

Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap