Discuss everything from courtship to dating and friends and co-workers to the in-laws. (This forum is for discussing ALL relationships, not just romantic ones.)

Girlfriend doesn't believe in God, what is an easy way to start leading her to Christ?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girlfriend doesn't believe in God, what is an easy way to start leading her to Christ?

My girlfriend is a non-believer, and we haven't really talked about her relationship with Christ that much, what are some ways that I can bring it up so she can get to know him better?

Originally posted by Timmy J. View Post
    My girlfriend is a non-believer, and we haven't really talked about her relationship with Christ that much, what are some ways that I can bring it up so she can get to know him better?
    You could start by asking her that if she died this very minute, where would she go?
    Comment>

She's your girlfriend -- have you invited her to church -- your youth group -- singles group? How old are both of you? In your relationship as gf/bf -- the spiritual Should be included --it Should be an important part Of your relationship.

How did you meet each other?
      Comment>

It seems like life is a bit lonely without a God in it-and you could help her find her way to find a relationship with God though. Man can only find fulfillment when he acknowledges God-and I think talking to God can really help you out in the long run of life- as well. I think you just need to point her in the right direction and take one day at a time to start out and not take it to heavy.
        Comment>

You can try to convert her in a subtle way. Show her why Christians are good people without preaching. Do it by actions and not words. Show her how you treat people. that might spark some curiosity with her. Also show her how happy are you being a Christian. if she sees you are happy because of God, she might get the message. Most Atheist don't like Christians for being preachy so convert her without her knowing it. If you will introduce her with Christian people introduce her to the most likable Christian people you know.
          Comment>

How old are the both of you? How did you meet? How long have you been gf/ bf ?
            Comment>

2 Corinthians 6:14 taught us not to be unequally yolked. I've seen both successful and unsuccessful relationships between believers and non believers. Also have a few friends - including my "little brother" in church who started dating a non-believer, brought her to church and now they are happily married. In fact I would say that now his wife is a stronger believer than he is.

So, don't be discouraged. Honesty will be the best policy here. Talk about it to her honestly, let her set her boundaries and understand what she is comfortable with or not comfortable with. Do not assume, or decide what is best for her without talking to her first. If she is uncomfortable with your beliefs at all, then you might need to re-consider this relationship. If she's open to understanding what your beliefs and values are, perhaps invite her to join you at church once in a while, then discuss with her about it - how she feels, what she learnt, whether it's in line with what her core value is now, does she need to, or is willing to change, etc... Take it easy, do not attack her beliefs or value, because that's who she is or who she has become. Only God can change one's heart.

And always pray for her.
              Comment>

The first thing I want to say is that you risk a lot when a believer is dating a non-believer has a higher chance of leaving his faith than somebody else. The only way to see if she may believe or not is to make her read the Bible! She may be offended by the Bible. Jesus was killed for preaching the word. She might see the way that Christians are treated in the modern life and have no clue about what it would be. It's up to you how to move from here!
                Comment>

Originally posted by wallet View Post
                  The first thing I want to say is that you risk a lot when a believer is dating a non-believer has a higher chance of leaving his faith than somebody else. The only way to see if she may believe or not is to make her read the Bible! She may be offended by the Bible. Jesus was killed for preaching the word. She might see the way that Christians are treated in the modern life and have no clue about what it would be. It's up to you how to move from here!

I'm trying to understand your comment -- Making her read the Bible? As well as your other couple of comments?!
                  Comment>

I don't think that it is necessary to make anyone believe in anything. If she is a non-believer, then she either didn't have any experience to make her believe, or she is simply not ready for it. You don't have to make someone believe, she will eventually find herself believing or not, but that is not something that you should force in someone. Just let it go, don't thin too much about it and be happy.
                    Comment>

Since this young lady Is your girlfriend -- how did you get to know her? Communication 101 -- what is your definition of the girlfriend / boyfriend relationship? What Do you talk about? As a guy , you'd be taking the lead in the relationship? Where are you leading her -- what is Your relationship with Christ?
                      Comment>

I just checked Timmy J's profile and discovered he hasn't logged on since the day he posted his question.
                        Clyde Herrin's Blog
                        Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
                          I just checked Timmy J's profile and discovered he hasn't logged on since the day he posted his question.
                          Well -- things do happen to people -- hope he's okay -- and - it sort of makes a person wonder about people.
                          Comment>

Really, if you want her to go on the path of Christ I suggested you just sit down and have a normal conversation with her. Do not be to forceful and try to push your beliefs down her throat, that will on;y just turn her away and make it impossible. Ask her, what she doesn't believe in God and give actually reason to why she might want to consider God without trying to scare her or be too aggressive with your stance. Look it her for her point of view and then maybe she will look at it from yours. Do you really see a future with this woman whether she believes in your beliefs or not? Ask yourself that before trying anything with her. Aside from that, all I can side is leave and let live. If she truly loves you and you love her then all might turn out well, maybe in time if you act like a proper example of a good Christian then she might come around ad begin to believe in God.
                            Comment>

First of all you need to ask yourself how important your own faith is.. Believers should not be having non believing girlfriends.. As we are told not to be touching unclean things let alone marrying it.. That's the whole point of being in a relationship right? To set up for marriage?..
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap