Discuss everything from courtship to dating and friends and co-workers to the in-laws. (This forum is for discussing ALL relationships, not just romantic ones.)

How to get along with your in laws.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get along with your in laws.

As of now my in laws to be are nice to me but I am worried that things may change once I get married. My girlfriend's parents are nice so I have no complains about them yet but I am a bit nervous about her brother who is kind of confrontational. What should I do so I will be on the good side of my in laws but I will still have control of my relationship. I just remember the hell my mom had been through with my Grandma and aunts on the father side. They were rude to her and when she finally got their approval, they always ask for money.

Originally posted by Sparky View Post
    What should I do so I will be on the good side of my in laws but I will still have control of my relationship.
    Be yourself. If people cannot accept you for yourself move on. But make sure that your future wife clearly understands that the Bible teaches that both husband and wife are to "forsake" parents and cleave to each other. In practical terms, this means that in-laws should not be allowed to ruin a marriage.

Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. (Genesis 2:24).
    Comment>
    Working...
    X
    Articles - News - SiteMap