Share the joys and trials of raising your children.

Homeschooling might be the best way to raise children today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeschooling might be the best way to raise children today

There are already tons of liberal agenda being thought around many schools these days. Also many Christian teens ends up rebelling against their faith so they can fit in. Many teenage boys do drugs, drink alcohol and have pre-marital sex because they want to look cool in front of their friends. Many young girls sees the Kardashians as role models because it is what their classmates see as cool. Kids intentionally avoid to have good grades because they don't want to be seen as the class nerd. Last but not the least schools are not safe, Bullying is already awful but there are also school shootings that happened.

Homeschooling is often the best option but even homeschooling parents need to be careful what materials they use.

Popular homeschooling resource quietly promotes LGBT to children | News | LifeSite
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

I believe that home schools supervised by Christian churches or organizations are a great alternative to traditional schooling and a good way to spread Christianity. The church I'm attending used to operate a home school where students meet once a week for special classes in P.E, music, and arts. They hold annual field trips and conduct testing at the end of the year for major subjects. The school also offers group tutorial for students who are having difficulties with them. Socialization was never an issue in this set up. Home schooling children keeps them away from bad influences at school and allows them to focus on their studies instead of being distracted by issues with their peers or other personalities at school. When they join university later in life, they will not have as much pressure dealing with their peers or classmates who have more or less matured by then.
      Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
        Homeschooling is often the best option but even homeschooling parents need to be careful what materials they use.

Popular homeschooling resource quietly promotes LGBT to children | News | LifeSite
        Traditional schooling is actually more LGBT propaganda spreading because many schools removed Christian values in exchange of a more liberal one. From what I seen homeschooled children are smarter and they actually have better self confidence. The peer pressure in most schools had been getting worst.I studied in a Christian school but many of my classmates then are super rebellious. Many of my female classmates got pregnant and some of my male classmates joined gangs. Those can be prevented by homeschooling.
        Comment>

Homeschooling might be the best way to raise children today

The only word I disagree with in that title is, "today".

Comment>

Most of the children here are enrolled in Christian schools. These schools have strict regulations on anti-bullying or anti-abuse. One subject in school teaches them about good manners and right conduct. Younger students are not allowed to go out without their guardians with them, but it's okay if they are permitted by their parents/guardians or if they ride the school bus. I guess the problem starts when they grow older, as teenagers. This is when peer pressure comes in and would start making their own decisions. Socialization plays a big part in a child's development, but parents have no choice but to keep their child away from all the negative effects it can give.
            Comment>

It really depends on the school that the child attends. I'm lucky to be living around some of the best schools in the city. There's no differentiation between Christian or non-Christian schools, they all have the same curriculum across the country, as dictated by the Ministy of Education and Religion (they are one ministry). They all teach a religious class and have austere rules, heavy on anti-bullying, anti-vandalism, but less so on what schoolkids wear or the opinions they express. On the LGBT-Q matter, there hasn't been any incident that doesn't fall in the above categories. Violence is violence no matter to who it's applied. We have a lot of schoolkids (like 20% and sometimes more in certain areas) that are either atheists or of a different religion, so one of the ethical standpoints that everyone agrees on is respecting other people. The difference for non-Christian kids is that they are excempt from religious classes and school prayer.

We're more cram-school oriented as a culture and homeschooling is very rarely chosen as a solution to problems, so parents tend to emphasise their childrens' religious education with Sunday school, which is very popular and organised. As a culture we're also more confrontational, and more likely to pick up the phone or show up on someone's doorstep to talk about a fight between their kids. Our real plague is cyber bullying.

However schools at desolate places with very little population tend to be less efficient in teaching. In that case, yes, a lot of people choose homeschooling. But don't overall bar their children with associating with other people form the community.
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap