Share the joys and trials of raising your children.

Any tips for names and caring of a new born baby ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tips for names and caring of a new born baby ?

Hey guys I am blessed with a baby boy . Suggest me some good names and some caring tips for new born baby.

First of all, Congratulations!

Second, you can find a wealth of good baby names in the Bible.

Lastly, one of the best things is to get the kid on a good schedule. It will go a long way toward developing stability in his life. It can be a challenge at first, but it will help with your sanity later on.
    Comment>

Congratulations! When is the baby due?

You should choose a name that has a significance for your family. If not naming the child after a relative or if lacking on inspiration - there are many biblical names to choose from. Like Mathew (Mattia or Mattias) or Luke (Luca, Lukas). Depending on country, the names have slight variation in translation. :)

Regarding baby care, the most basic should be shown to you at the hospital. The rest you learn together with your baby.... and with time.
      Comment>

Hi LN, first off, WELCOME TO CF :) As for names, here's a website that has all the names in the Bible and what they mean. It's called, BEHIND THE NAME. One name I would stay away from is "Ichabod" though because it means, "the Glory has departed from Israel" :eek: Something like Jonathan ("a gift from God") or David ("beloved of God") comes quickly to mind as much better choices than, "Ichabod" ;)

My only suggestions as far as care is concerned is to keep his mind active. Read to him, A LOT, and, of course, establish good church habits with him as early as possible (Sunday School, prayer and Bible reading time as a family at home, the setting aside of a tithe .. perhaps 2 piggy banks could be used).

Congratulations!!

Yours in Christ,
        David
        Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
        Comment>

Congratulations on the little one! They are such a gift from the Lord.

As to naming, well, I would keep it something Biblical, but that is just me. We have two children, one of whom is a boy, and we named him Abraham. The name was mainly after the Biblical patriarch. Though, to a much, lesser extent, the 16th president of our country. Also, I had a vivid dream years before in which we named our son said, so it sort of fit.

Regarding caring for them, well, they are quite a bit of work and you will not get much sleep. They need constant care and love. But since they are so precious, this comes naturally. If you have any specific questions, though, I am sure one of the parents can help. :)
          Last edited by Nahum; 08-28-2016, 02:14 PM.
          Comment>

Thanks all for your good wishes and messages. I searched many names and founded these Biblical baby names. The main thing is it contains meanings, origin and numerology of names. These are all Bible names Biblical Baby Names . Suggest me from these. God bless u all.
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap