Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you believe in spanking?

Before I pose the question, a couple of relevant verses:
    "He who withholds his rod hates his son, But he who loves him disciplines him diligently."— Proverbs 13:24 (NASB)

"The rod and reproof give wisdom, But a child who gets his own way brings shame to his mother." — Proverbs 29:15 (NASB)
    As any of the parents here can surely attest, childrearing is no easy task. Both in the church and out, the idea of spanking administered to little children is something of a topic. Naturally, no decent human being, Christian or otherwise, would ever abuse a child, but a light, open-handed spank has been used as a reproof to little people since the dawn of civilization.

So, how do you see this topic? Do you take the Bible literally and administer light, non-damaging, physical punishment in the rare cases in which it is warranted? Or do you take it metaphorically and correct a child in other manners only?

Thank you for sharing.

I believe if a behavior is bad enough or if you have told a child several times not to display the behavior than a spanking is the only option. I believe that is why kids act like they do today not enough of them are spanked. Mine gets spanked when she deserves it and she knows what is and isn't acceptable behavior but other kids her age are so unruly and their parents do not spank because they say that the U.S. government says it is against the law. I told them it is only a crime if you beat them and leave marks a little tap on the bottom isn't going to hurt them.

Comment

Discipline is very important to a child's growth. However, we should be careful when administered with care so as not to cause negative effects.
      ​​​​​​Discipline should be administered in stages;
      1.warning
      2. Talking
      3. Light punishment
      4.Severe punishment
      It should be noted that in each case the parent/ guardian should make clear the reason and benefit of the punishment to the child.
      Now to answer your question, yes I support spanking as long as it is done right.

Comment

The punishment should fit the crime, and justice delivered swiftly. If a child were to hit a parent, then there would be a severe punishment given immediately, in my house. Also, a loud rebuke would be the first thing the child would be met with in that situation. Using your voice works for children, and dogs, BTW.

Comment

Sponsors

Collapse

Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap