Share the joys and trials of raising your children.

A Mother’s Special Way of Teaching

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Mother’s Special Way of Teaching

Please share mother's special way of teaching her children.
    Last edited by Jennifer; 07-14-2016, 10:30 AM.

This thread reminds me of my mother-in-law who had been close to me in his last years. We always chat whenever I would visit their ancestral home where she stays. I learned from her that raising 4 boys, my husband is the third, is no easy task. But what caught my attention was her mention of balance. That in the family, a balance should be maintained. Her husband is a disciplinarian and she compensates it by giving permission to her children when the father is at work. But then again, the balance is maintained because the permissions have a limitation too. For example, a son would go out with friends, she would let the boy but there is a time limit. And she would only allow her children with their requests when the chores were done - doing the school homework, the house chores, etc.

On the contrary, my mother is always out of the house so I didn't experience close encounters like that. And I saw that my mother-in-law was a hands on mother which is admirable.
    Comment>

Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
      This thread reminds me of my mother-in-law who had been close to me in his last years. We always chat whenever I would visit their ancestral home where she stays. I learned from her that raising 4 boys, my husband is the third, is no easy task. But what caught my attention was her mention of balance. That in the family, a balance should be maintained. Her husband is a disciplinarian and she compensates it by giving permission to her children when the father is at work. But then again, the balance is maintained because the permissions have a limitation too. For example, a son would go out with friends, she would let the boy but there is a time limit. And she would only allow her children with their requests when the chores were done - doing the school homework, the house chores, etc.

On the contrary, my mother is always out of the house so I didn't experience close encounters like that. And I saw that my mother-in-law was a hands on mother which is admirable.
      Thanks for your response. I think your mother-in-law had her own special way of teaching children.
      Comment>
      Working...
      X
      Articles - News - SiteMap