Discuss how to be the helpmate that God intended for your spouse.

Is cousin marriage allowed in Christianity?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is cousin marriage allowed in Christianity?

Is cousin marriage allowed in Christianity? My friend is interested in his cousin ad wants to marry her. They both love each other but they want to be sure if it is allowed in the religion to marry your cousin. If you know about this then please let me know.

As far as I am aware marriage between cousins is nowhere forbidden in the Bible. However, Scripture states that we should follow the law of the land, and I believe if you are in America first cousin marriage is forbidden by law. In other words, you are free to marry second, third, etc cousins. You should verify that though.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
      As far as I am aware marriage between cousins is nowhere forbidden in the Bible. However, Scripture states that we should follow the law of the land, and I believe if you are in America first cousin marriage is forbidden by law. In other words, you are free to marry second, third, etc cousins. You should verify that though.
      I don't believe so William. I believe it varies from state to state.

Comment>

That depends on your Christian sect. Cousin marriages is not allowed on my sect. Also think about the genetic problems the baby will have. One of Uk's biggest problem with the Muslim population are the children with genetic defects because their parents are cousins. Pakistani parents are so stubborn that they still want to arrange their children who are cousins to marriage.

I won;t judge your friend but I will never marry a relative because the last thing I wanted are children with genetic defects.
        Comment>

Yes, that is is the problem with the cousin marriage. It is better not to arrange a cousin marriage as it could lead to many genetic diseases. Even in Islam, it is not restricted to marry cousin but the people who don't want to marry their girls out of their family, they are responsible for it.
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap