Discuss how to be the helpmate that God intended for your spouse.

Seeking For Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking For Advice

When you are not in good terms with your spouse, whom do you usually recommend to advice you? Some people suggest seeking advice from their parents, others from local church pastors and others prefer taking their issues to court.

If something in my life has reached the level of being a big problem, one that I feel I should no longer try to handle alone, I call my senior pastor before anyone else. Of course, there's usually nothing wrong with seeking advice from more than one trusted source either.

In Christ,
    David

"Without consultation, plans are frustrated, but
    with many counselors they succeed"

Proverbs 15:22
    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
    Comment>

The first thing anyone should do is get on your knees and pray to God to show you what you are doing wrong. So many couples fall into the trap that whatever is happening is the other person's fault, but marriage is a two way street, and both people should be giving 100%.

Once you have come to the Lord He will direct you to wise counsel, usually a pastor or elder in your church, but in other cases you may need to seek more professional help.

The point, though, is always start examining yourself before looking for the speck in the other person's eye.
      Comment>

When I am having issues at home, I usually seek advice with my friends. My friends know me better than anyone. One of my friends is particularly good at giving relationship advice, even though he has never been in long term relationships. He looks at things from a very broad perspective and can usually give me solid advice when it comes to what I should do. My friends tend to be honest with me and don't tell me what I want to hear. I like that trait.

I don't think I would ever seek advice from a church, unless my issues were related to religion. I can't see a reason to seek help at church when it comes to dealing with my relationship issues. I feel that there are bigger things to worry about than my relationship and I wouldn't want to waste a pastor's time.
        Comment>

There are always some or other problem in every relationship. One should solve by self understanding. If self understanding is not working then go for consultancy. Sometimes end up everything is not a solution. My friend is going through a bad relationship. She had a voyance direct consultant for suggestion to overcome problems in relationship. Never lose hope, sometimes getting help from someone can solve problems.
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap