Offer comprehensive advice on almost any subject from Christianity through to the Bible, sex, dating, singleness and marriage, ect...

Confused

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused

I really want to be a part of this forum, but I have a hard time accepting some of the Christian stories such as Genesis, Jonah and the whale, Noahs Ark etc. I am uncomfortable being on this forum because I feel it is expected of me to believe these stories. On all other counts I am a true Christian. So I am a little confused as to what to do. I can't change the way I feel about these stories. Any advice?

What do you believe about Jesus? Do you believe that he is God as well as man? If so I suggest that you study his words to see what he believes about the Old Testament. You asked a similar question on the spiritualforums site and I pointed out that Jesus believed the story of Jonah and of the flood.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

Hi Chasinglight, please don't feel you have to understand or accept everything at this time. theophilus raised a key point when he said:
      Originally posted by theophilus View Post
      What do you believe about Jesus?
      This is the key question. Please click these verses Acts 16:30-31 Romans 10:9-10 and see that belief in Jesus as Lord and Savior is foundational. The rest can come later, as you read and pray.
      Originally posted by Chasinglight View Post
      I can't change the way I feel about these stories. Any advice?
      I suggest a manageable plan of daily Bible reading preceded by prayer for understanding. The Holy Spirit assists us as we read the Bible and opens our hearts and minds to what God has said. There are many ways to do this, but if you can get hold of a guide book or a study Bible this will help to answer some of your questions as you read. If you need further details please ask and I or someone else can suggest resources.

By the way, Genesis is a large book covering much territory and has great value beyond the stories of creation and the flood.It's really the story of how God begins to prepare a people group out of which the savior Jesus Christ will come. Actually, the entire Old Testament is really all about Jesus, when you peel back some of the layers.
      Comment>

You have to expect disagreements. And on any site there will be a majority.

​​​​What good comes from evolution that you feel you can't change your belief? What makes the theory so true to you? There's plenty of evidence showing the the creation account to be true, why reject it for a theory that say were just animals? I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but why?
        Comment>

Originally posted by Chasinglight View Post
          I really want to be a part of this forum, but I have a hard time accepting some of the Christian stories such as Genesis, Jonah and the whale, Noahs Ark etc. I am uncomfortable being on this forum because I feel it is expected of me to believe these stories. On all other counts I am a true Christian. So I am a little confused as to what to do. I can't change the way I feel about these stories. Any advice?
          Some great advice was given. However, hanging around people that continually reject the word of God doesn't help. For example, Spiritualforums is no place for a Christian. Although, if you want people to support your unbelief then you went to the right place.
          • Psalm 1: Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. ...
          You can't expect a matrix type of download and instantly know everything there is to know about Scripture. But you can surround yourself with people of the faith that encourage your growth.

Knowledge in the faith comes through persistence.

It can be quite overwhelming at first.

God bless,
          William
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap