Offer comprehensive advice on almost any subject from Christianity through to the Bible, sex, dating, singleness and marriage, ect...

So many questions / concerns, it's overwhelming

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So many questions / concerns, it's overwhelming

I really believe in God fully for the first time ever in my life. This forum is part helping and part hurting. I don't really understand people's responses because I literally have absolutely zero prior knowledge about God and Jesus. All of the sudden people telling me that now since I believe in God I have to turn away from all sin and live a completely different life is stressing me out.

I literally have been extremely happy with my life. I was hoping becoming a Christian and introducing God into my life would just make me even happier but that's not the case. I just feel guilty and overwhelmed. Praying to God and being honest with myself to Him has been the only benefit, that's when I feel like I can trust. It's hard to trust people's responses on here because everything is just an interpretation of what He really wants.

One person can have one interpretation while another can be completely different.

Originally posted by sink
    I really believe in God fully for the first time ever in my life. This forum is part helping and part hurting. I don't really understand people's responses because I literally have absolutely zero prior knowledge about God and Jesus. All of the sudden people telling me that now since I believe in God I have to turn away from all sin and live a completely different life is stressing me out.

I literally have been extremely happy with my life. I was hoping becoming a Christian and introducing God into my life would just make me even happier but that's not the case. I just feel guilty and overwhelmed. Praying to God and being honest with myself to Him has been the only benefit, that's when I feel like I can trust. It's hard to trust people's responses on here because everything is just an interpretation of what He really wants.

One person can have one interpretation while another can be completely different.
    Is there any silver lining I can take away from this? I am extremely busy with life and I've just found myself worrying about all the requirements and ins and outs of being a Christian all the time, which is really decreasing my performance at work and school work
    Comment>

Brother Sink, I am new to CF here but have been a believing Christian for over 30 years. I would like to be able to say that in that time I have never sinned, and that I have been a perfect example of a Christ follower, but I cannot. Indeed the truth is none here can say that, for there has only ever been one man or woman who was without sin and we crucified Him.

So let me offer some advice here:
      What you are encountering, perhaps for the first time in your life is spiritual warfare. You see when you discovered freedom in Christ, gave your life over to Him, and started living as a Christian, you got the attention of our enemy, Satan and all his fallen angels.

One of his ploys is to remind you of all thethings you have done wrong and still do wrong to make you feel like you are blowing it all the time. How can You be a Christian if you ....... (fill in the blank)?, he will whisper. Then he will repeat and repeat it, until you feel overwhelmed and miserable.

There are other tactics he uses too, but this is the common first one for new Christians.

What should you do? Well it is warfare, fight back! You now have God's Spirit within, listen to Him, read your bible seeking the scriptures that teach All your sin is under Christ's blood, remember He died for you while you were still a sinner, so satan has twisted the word by ignoring that Christ loves you as you are. He loves you that way uncoditionally, but He wants to grow you into what He knows you can be.

The truth is Satan knows this and is afraid of what you may become! So he is trying to stop the growth while it us still young and fragile.

Listen to your heart, listen to the Spirit living there and follow Him. Do not allow Satan to steal your joy.
      Comment>

Originally posted by faramir.pete
        Brother Sink, I am new to CF here but have been a believing Christian for over 30 years. I would like to be able to say that in that time I have never sinned, and that I have been a perfect example of a Christ follower, but I cannot. Indeed the truth is none here can say that, for there has only ever been one man or woman who was without sin and we crucified Him.

What you are encountering, perhaps for the first time in your life is spiritual warfare. You see when you discovered freedom in Christ, gave your life over to Him, and started living as a Christian, you got the attention of our enemy, Satan and all his fallen angels.

One of his ploys is to remind you of all thethings you have done wrong and still do wrong to make you feel like you are blowing it all the time. How can You be a Christian if you ....... (fill in the blank)?, he will whisper. Then he will repeat and repeat it, until you feel overwhelmed and miserable.

There are other tactics he uses too, but this is the common first one for new Christians.

What should you do? Well it is warfare, fight back! You now have God's Spirit within, listen to Him, read your bible seeking the scriptures that teach All your sin is under Christ's blood, remember He died for you while you were still a sinner, so satan has twisted the word by ignoring that Christ loves you as you are. He loves you that way uncoditionally, but He wants to grow you into what He knows you can be.

The truth is Satan knows this and is afraid of what you may become! So he is trying to stop the growth while it us still young and fragile.

Listen to your heart, listen to the Spirit living there and follow Him. Do not allow Satan to steal your joy.
        THANK YOU. That really kind of clicked in my head reading that. Thank you very much.
        Comment>

Originally posted by faramir.pete View Post

I can totally relate to this. You suddenly start judging yourself. All your flaws and all the bad things you've done in the past (and maybe continue doing) and start to feel like it's impossible to become a good Christian.

It's a relief to know that He loves us no matter what and it's even more encouraging for me to fight back and turn into the woman He'll be proud of.

Thank you faramir.pete for this beautiful and thoughtful answer, and thank you sink for asking for the answer I didn't know I needed.. God bless you both.
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap