Offer comprehensive advice on almost any subject from Christianity through to the Bible, sex, dating, singleness and marriage, ect...

When I think about God I get stressed out

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True; i could not have put it any better.

The peace of god i leave with you my brother.
    Comment>

A lot of good advice in this thread. I have struggled with the same stress in the past. I realize I am not perfect and the Lord died on the cross for our sins. I repent of my sins and am truly sorry for them and I work on improving in the sight of the Lord. It is a process.
      Comment>

Originally posted by CDF47 View Post
        A lot of good advice in this thread. I have struggled with the same stress in the past. I realize I am not perfect and the Lord died on the cross for our sins. I repent of my sins and am truly sorry for them and I work on improving in the sight of the Lord. It is a process.
        But have you actually taken the step Of accepting Him as your personal Savior. It kind of sounds like you're partly a work's salvation. Do you accept the fact the what Jesus Christ did on the cross is all that needs to be done? He died and rose again for our sins. He's done it all. All 'we' need to do is acknowledge our need and accept His gift.
        Comment>

Originally posted by Sue D. View Post

But have you actually taken the step Of accepting Him as your personal Savior. It kind of sounds like you're partly a work's salvation. Do you accept the fact the what Jesus Christ did on the cross is all that needs to be done? He died and rose again for our sins. He's done it all. All 'we' need to do is acknowledge our need and accept His gift.
          Absolutely, those are my beliefs and I definitely accept Jesus as my personal Savior.
          Comment>

Absolutely, those are my beliefs and I definitely accept Jesus as my personal Savior.

That's good to know -- so , Why would thinking about God have you stressed out? What is the stressor?

I Have known people coming from various belief systems that are works based, that have trouble accepting the Gift-based salvation. The works that a believer does is After salvation and is because we love Him and want to do things pleasing to God. God Does have good works for believers -- but After our salvation.
            Comment>

That's good to know -- so , Why would thinking about God have you stressed out? What is the stressor?

I Have known people coming from various belief systems that are works based, that have trouble accepting the Gift-based salvation. The works that a believer does is After salvation and is because we love Him and want to do things pleasing to God. God Does have good works for believers -- but After our salvation.
              I just want to do good in His sight but I recognize I will never be perfect. There is only One who was perfect. That is where my stress came in. I know even having lustful thoughts is adultery of the heart and I am married. However, I have the Lord as my personal Savior so it reduces or eliminates some of this stress.
              Comment>

I just want to do good in His sight but I recognize I will never be perfect. There is only One who was perfect. That is where my stress came in. I know even having lustful thoughts is adultery of the heart and I am married. However, I have the Lord as my personal Savior so it reduces or eliminates some of this stress.
                Sounds like in some ways you Are Trying to strive for sinless perfection. You are stressed out because as a married man you have lustful thoughts and having lust in your heart is considered the same as adultery. Lust is wanting something a lot but that you can't have. So Do you find yourself thinking about other women in a sexual way? Walking down the street -- maybe in a mall with lots of people around-- you observe an attractive woman nearby -- how do you react to observing her? Does your wife possibly have a medical or some condition that affects her in a negative way? So your mind tends to stray away from her? Lots of personal questions -- but trying to help in some way.
                Comment>

Sounds like in some ways you Are Trying to strive for sinless perfection. You are stressed out because as a married man you have lustful thoughts and having lust in your heart is considered the same as adultery. Lust is wanting something a lot but that you can't have. So Do you find yourself thinking about other women in a sexual way? Walking down the street -- maybe in a mall with lots of people around-- you observe an attractive woman nearby -- how do you react to observing her? Does your wife possibly have a medical or some condition that affects her in a negative way? So your mind tends to stray away from her? Lots of personal questions -- but trying to help in some way.
                  I would never cheat on my wife but I do have sexual thoughts (not lustful unrestrained thoughts) about other women some times. My wife is great and beautiful but I still get those feelings about other beautiful women.
                  Last edited by CDF47; 10-07-2017, 06:42 PM.
                  Comment>

I would never cheat on my wife but I do have sexual thoughts (not lustful unrestrained thoughts) about other women some times. My wife is great and beautiful but I still get those feelings about other beautiful women.

I Could say that you're probably a normal Christian man who's mind strays sometimes. However, since it obviously Does bother you, I would have a serious talk with God about all of this -- tell Him all about all your feelings, in detail -- be serious - God already knows this about you -- but He wants to hear from You to Him ask for forgiveness from Him. I would Also talk to your pastor - in private- about this -- man to man -- have him pray with you about it. And remember Philippians 4: 6 - 8.

You might give some thought to this -- a normal , red-blooded man / married or not / is going to recognize an attractive woman walking down the street coming towards you. That's not sinning -- it's when a man allows himself to dwell on how beautiful she is and 'wow' in his mind -- when you realize that That is happening -- turn your thoughts completely to your wife. Take a moment to thank the Lord for your wife. Make a point to compliment her on how nice she looks.
                    Comment>

I Could say that you're probably a normal Christian man who's mind strays sometimes. However, since it obviously Does bother you, I would have a serious talk with God about all of this -- tell Him all about all your feelings, in detail -- be serious - God already knows this about you -- but He wants to hear from You to Him ask for forgiveness from Him. I would Also talk to your pastor - in private- about this -- man to man -- have him pray with you about it. And remember Philippians 4: 6 - 8.

You might give some thought to this -- a normal , red-blooded man / married or not / is going to recognize an attractive woman walking down the street coming towards you. That's not sinning -- it's when a man allows himself to dwell on how beautiful she is and 'wow' in his mind -- when you realize that That is happening -- turn your thoughts completely to your wife. Take a moment to thank the Lord for your wife. Make a point to compliment her on how nice she looks.
                      Thank you for the great advice. That is what I will do.
                      Comment>

Just because we are Christians does not mean we will never sin again. this is why God provided Jesus to be our advocate before the father. CHAPTER 2

1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. 1 Jn 2:1-2

Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find . Heb 4:13-16

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 1 Jn 1:8-10

I
                        pray each morning for forgiveness for my sins even if I don't know if I have sinned. Do you have a daily prayer time devotional. If not Try it. you will find that you can really have a personal relationship with our Lord
                        Comment>
                        Working...
                        X
                        Articles - News - SiteMap