Offer comprehensive advice on almost any subject from Christianity through to the Bible, sex, dating, singleness and marriage, ect...

Praying for people to leave your life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praying for people to leave your life

I am extremely confused on how to pray for a toxic person to not come back into my life. It doesn't seem like a big deal at all, but it is something I stress over badly.

I was in a very tough point of life and the sour attitudes / remarks / actions of a person towards me really affected me and my anxiety. I became extremely nervous, scared, and unconfident. I don't even think the person did this on purpose, it was just a weird scenario and the person probably has gone through very hard things himself which made this person act this way. For some reason, I have no idea why, I feel myself fearing this person and wanting their approval extremely bad.

Long story short, the person has left the school that I am at, and I stress very hard over the possibility of this persons return (which is hard to explain, but is a possibility at this point). I don't know how to pray that this person doesn't enter my life again. I feel like if I pray that I never see this person again God will purposely put the person in my life to overcome my fear and the toxicity. I am honestly doing so well right now and absolutely love my life and the possibility of this person returning into my life really scares me. Praying about it scares me too. Please help me, experienced prayers.

Thank you very much

;Perhaps you should pray that God will help the person overcome the problems in his life and that if he does come back into your life he will give you the wisdom to cope with him and even to help him.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

Originally posted by sink View Post
      I don't know how to pray that this person doesn't enter my life again. I feel like if I pray that I never see this person again God will purposely put the person in my life to overcome my fear and the toxicity.
      Well, if you think about this situation with a clear mind, you will agree that no one can enter into your life or your affairs unless you allow them to. The only way they could force themselves into your life if they were holding you captive (which evidently is not the case).

God expects us to deal with our problems through the wisdom He has already provided in His Word and by His Spirit. He does not expect us to pray about matters which we must deal with ourselves. And God would certainly not force this person upon you so that you become fearful or negative.

In future, if you do see this person (a) avoid him and do not have him approach you, or (b) if he does approach you, have the courage to tell him that you would prefer that he stay away from you. You do not owe him any explanations either.
      Comment>

I am extremely confused on how to pray for a toxic person to not come back into my life. It doesn't seem like a big deal at all, but it is something I stress over badly.

I was in a very tough point of life and the sour attitudes / remarks / actions of a person towards me really affected me and my anxiety. I became extremely nervous, scared, and unconfident. I don't even think the person did this on purpose, it was just a weird scenario and the person probably has gone through very hard things himself which made this person act this way. For some reason, I have no idea why, I feel myself fearing this person and wanting their approval extremely bad.

Long story short, the person has left the school that I am at, and I stress very hard over the possibility of this persons return (which is hard to explain, but is a possibility at this point). I don't know how to pray that this person doesn't enter my life again. I feel like if I pray that I never see this person again God will purposely put the person in my life to overcome my fear and the toxicity. I am honestly doing so well right now and absolutely love my life and the possibility of this person returning into my life really scares me. Praying about it scares me too. Please help me, experienced prayers.

Thank you very much
        Hi Sink,

I can definitely relate. I had struggled with a bad drug addiction for years. Anyone struggling with an addiction understands the power and influence in a social circle. I had to cut certain people out of my life altogether. Even now, some 7 years later I wouldn't want to be tempted by said individuals and the drugs associated with them. I prayed for them. I prayed that someone else may come into their life and that others may come into my very own life to strengthen my faith. However, regarding those I had cut loose from my life, I realize my own weaknesses and limitations and know that I am not the right person for the task to help them. My social circle has been changed now, I am surrounded by new people that positively contribute to a Godly life style building up each other in the faith rather than a life style of sin that rips people and their families a part.

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

Originally posted by William

Hi Sink,

I can definitely relate. I had struggled with a bad drug addiction for years. Anyone struggling with an addiction understands the power and influence in a social circle. I had to cut certain people out of my life altogether. Even now, some 7 years later I wouldn't want to be tempted by said individuals and the drugs associated with them. I prayed for them. I prayed that someone else may come into their life and that others may come into my very own life to strengthen my faith. However, regarding those I had cut loose from my life, I realize my own weaknesses and limitations and know that I am not the right person for the task to help them. My social circle has been changed now, I am surrounded by new people that positively contribute to a Godly life style building up each other in the faith rather than a life style of sin that rips people and their families a part.

God bless,
          William
          What if the person is on a team or group with me that I have and I have to interact with? The Situation hopefully isn't gonna happen at all, but if the person does come back to my school we will be on a team together
          Comment>

What if the person is on a team or group with me that I have and I have to interact with? The Situation hopefully isn't gonna happen at all, but if the person does come back to my school we will be on a team together
            If you have that much concern about another person I suggest going to faculty. Let them know that either ethically someone has violated and made your participation unbearable. On the Spiritual side of things, I recommend you not only pray for them but that you put up the whole Armor of God to protect you from them. You may want to seek counseling from your church on these matters. God has prepared us for these kind of battles, and you need not enter into them alone.

Just beware, what you say may get around to others. If you share these kinds of things without confidentiality it may be construed as gossip and make its way around to the person in question. You can bet then that it'll attract them to you in order to confront you about it.

You have not led onto the specifics of the person's "toxicity. If you feel that you're potentially in jeopardy of being harmed or the person is doing something illegal that may bring you harm then you ought seek help from law enforcement.

God bless,
            William
            Comment>

If you have that much concern about another person I suggest going to faculty. Let them know that either ethically someone has violated and made your participation unbearable. On the Spiritual side of things, I recommend you not only pray for them but that you put up the whole Armor of God to protect you from them. You may want to seek counseling from your church on these matters. God has prepared us for these kind of battles, and you need not enter into them alone.

Just beware, what you say may get around to others. If you share these kinds of things without confidentiality it may be construed as gossip and make its way around to the person in question. You can bet then that it'll attract them to you in order to confront you about it.

You have not led onto the specifics of the person's "toxicity. If you feel that you're potentially in jeopardy of being harmed or the person is doing something illegal that may bring you harm then you ought seek help from law enforcement.

God bless,
              William
              No definitely nothing illegally or physically harmful. For some reason I just find this person impossible to please and very critical and tries to bring others against me as well.
              Comment>

For some reason I just find this person impossible to please and very critical and tries to bring others against me as well.
                Why, given your perspective do they have some power or influence over you? Sink, imagine Christ and his conspirators, and understand the teaching of Christ which says that you are not of the world, you are not loved by them because you are not one of them, and if the world hates you they first hated our beloved Lord.

This isn't to say that what you're experiencing isn't from the perspective of a type of team leadership. I was in the military, and leadership constantly criticized and led people to gang up on the lackluster member in order to bring them to standard. I'm not saying they are doing that ... . or that you're a lackluster player, but what I'm suggesting is that what you are now revealing is a part of engaging in the "world". It is difficult if not impossible to change others, but you yourself and your perspective can be changed. Seldom do others change or are our circumstances changed, but when we change our perspective we can at times overcome or adapt to the environmental conditions by nothing more than how we view the subject.

Praying for you, Sink,

God bless,
                William
                Comment>

I can definitely understand, why, given your perspective that they have some power over you. Sink, imagine Christ and his conspirators, and understand the teaching of Christ which says that you are not of the world, you are not loved by them because you are not one of them, and if the world hates you they first hated our beloved Lord first.

This isn't to say that what you're experiencing isn't from the perspective of a type of team leadership. I was in the military, and leadership constantly criticized and led people to gang up on the lackluster member in order to bring them to standard. I'm not saying they are doing that ... . or that you're a lackluster player, but what I'm suggesting is that what you are now revealing is a part of engaging in the "world". It is difficult if not impossible to change others, but you yourself and your perspective can be changed. Seldom do others change or are our circumstances changed, but when we change our perspective we can at times overcome or adapt to the environmental conditions.

Praying for you, Sink,

God bless,
                  William
                  Thank you very much!! I'm just newly a Christian and I think it's awesome that people like you are so willing to help. The stuff you said made a lot of sense. Thanks! Have a great 4th of July!!
                  Comment>

Well you can always quit that team and find another sport. There are also many sports which do not require team participation. The main thing is for your to take control of the situation, instead of being manipulated by others.
                    Comment>

Hello! Regarding you being afraid of praying for that person to leave your life, consider this. God will not give you more than you can handle. Only he knows you and how you truly feel. Learn to trust in him and that he knows what will be best. If this person is toxic and interferes with His plans for you, they will leave. I hope everything goes well and that you are not bothered by them anymore.
                      Comment>

Originally posted by Lucas View Post
                        Well you can always quit that team and find another sport.
                        I disagree. Don't let people make you walk on the other side of the street. You'll always be dodging people, Sink. You're going to have to learn to deal with them. You are going to have to learn to confront your fears and deal with problematic people through rational discourse. As a Christian you have Scripture and the body of Christ to help you understand and deal with the world, you shouldn't be a pawn to anyone.

If you're on a sports team just look at Tim Tebow and the criticism he receives.

God bless,
                        William
                        Comment>

It is better to stay alone rather than enjoying the company of those people who are destroying your life. If you don't feel that those people are good for your religious and social life then you should waste another moment by being with them. You should pray for them that people get them on right way and faith. It will a positive effect on your life and their lives too.
                          Comment>

I disagree. Don't let people make you walk on the other side of the street. You'll always be dodging people, Sink. You're going to have to learn to deal with them. You are going to have to learn to confront your fears and deal with problematic people through rational discourse. As a Christian you have Scripture and the body of Christ to help you understand and deal with the world, you shouldn't be a pawn to anyone.

If you're on a sports team just look at Tim Tebow and the criticism he receives.

God bless,
                            William
                            I completely agree with you William.
                            Comment>
                            Working...
                            X
                            Articles - News - SiteMap