Offer comprehensive advice on almost any subject from Christianity through to the Bible, sex, dating, singleness and marriage, ect...

How to have a better focus during Sermon time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to have a better focus during Sermon time

The new pastor at my church have this weird funny voice. I see a lot of people getting distracted because of it and some of them are laughing. I wanted to focus with the sermon but I am getting distracted by those people who are trying to stop laughing.

Also there are times when our mind is is losing focus from the lessons the reverend is giving because our mind wonders to the outside world. How can I have a better focus at church if there are many distractions around. How do you get rid of distractions caused by your surroundings or random thoughts entering your mind. I wanted to focus to the the words of God being taught to me.

Taking notes on the sermon might help. It would force you to focus on what he is saying.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus
      Taking notes on the sermon might help. It would force you to focus on what he is saying.
      Great advice! I'd also suggest sitting away from where most people are laughing. More importantly however, it never hurts to pray before hand or prior to the service, focus on scripture. There are distractions at one of my churches as well, but prayer has made a huge difference.
      Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
        I totally agree with you. I am a young person and most of the times I find it hard to listen to a sermon say of 1 hour without getting distracted. Note taking helps me a lot as I at least listen to more than 3/4 of the summon. I also make sure I switch my phone off completely. This ensures that I do not get distracted easily. I also try to focus my thoughts to the sermon.
        Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap