Offer comprehensive advice on almost any subject from Christianity through to the Bible, sex, dating, singleness and marriage, ect...

You know God,you know who you are,you know your future

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know God,you know who you are,you know your future

When we understand God,we become more like him through His spirit.

We soon realise where we stand in Jesus,soon grasping His characteristics and covet Him.

Our altar that is Jesus,is our foundation.

Our temple(body) is God,so flee from ALL TEMPTATIONS.

If you can CONQUER yourself,you are dying to the flesh,and the grip for the holy spirit to settle in our body becomes stronger.

How to know yourself well? Through reading His words and follow His example. We are not to dwell on the things of the earth, but through His words that becomes our daily bread.

The life that we now have is Jesus's possesion.He had died for our sins, therefor we are not to treat our body to sins. HE already purchased us.

Marriage is God. Knock,Seek,Ask.
    Let your prayers be aligned with God.

MY HARDEST QUESTION THAT I AM STRUGGLING WITH IS,WILL I GET A FUTURE THAT I WANT AND THINK OF IN MY LIFE?

Hi Ruth, first off, I see you are brand new here, so WELCOME TO CF :)

You asked, "will I get a future that I want and think of in my life"? As Christians, God answers that question for us with a qualified, "yes", I'm happy to report. Here's part of what He tells us about that:

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. ~Psalm 37:4

This is a commandment with a promise, so 'our' concern should be with the first half of this verse alone. The thing you need to be careful to understand as you consider what this verse is saying is that it is NOT a Sugar-Daddy in the sky kind of thing, you know, "you do something to please God so He'll give you what you want in return". IOW, this verse is not about you doing something to "delight God"! Rather, the commandment is to, "delight YOURSELF in the Lord (and He will give you the desires of your heart").

So while God does promise to give us the desires of your heart, there's something that He requires us to do first (because for one thing, it's certainly possible that when you truly do, "delight yourself in Him", what you desire most in this life may change as well ;)).

One of the reasons I became a Christian was because I came to realize not only how much God loves me, but that He knows what's best for me too (far more than I could ever hope to). So I do my best to surrender my will to His guidance, knowing that He always has my very best in mind (even in something as important to me as marriage was when I was single).

Blessings to you in Christ! (Numbers 6:24-26)

--David

"Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His
    righteousness; and all these things
    shall be added unto you"
    Matt 6:33

Last edited by David Lee; 08-14-2016, 09:25 PM.
    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"Instead of a river, God often gives us a brook, which may be running today and dried up tomorrow. Why? To teach us not to rest in our blessings, but in the Blesser Himself." ~A. W. Pink

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
    Comment>

Yup. Thank you. I do have faith that when my mind is transform to Jesus mind,my feelings and desires will be different.

I would love to know. If we have intimate relationship with God, does the carnal thoughts of our mind will b transform as well?

Comment>

Tq for ur repy.
        May I ask a question?
        If we ask God the details on how our spouse should be like,will He fullfill them?
        Is it worldly mindset to have such desires like good looks,slim,holy?
        Comment>

Originally posted by Ruth Sherine View Post
          If we ask God the details on how our spouse should be like,will He fullfill them?
          Before asking questions like this you should ask God whether he wants you to have a spouse. God wants some people to remain single so they can devote their lives to serving him.
          Clyde Herrin's Blog
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap