Offer comprehensive advice on almost any subject from Christianity through to the Bible, sex, dating, singleness and marriage, ect...

It all pales in comparison to the love of Jesus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all pales in comparison to the love of Jesus

I'm so over joyed upon returning to Christianity last year. I was an atheist for two years, and the Holy Spirit led me back to faith. There is a special happiness, peace and joy that comes from having a relationship with Jesus.It's kind of weird, but I sometimes just don't care any longer, about the things of this world now that I'm back in faith, as I did before I returned. I'm grateful for my friends, fiance, family, career...but, it all pales in comparison to my relationship with Christ. Does anyone else feel this way? That you may cherish your life and count all of your blessings, but that it still all pales in comparison to the love of Jesus? I never felt this way in my faith until returning to it. Is this what it means to be 'born again?' It is both a joyous, awesome feeling...and at the same time, unnerving because I've been made new by Christ. Unnerving, but incredibly amazing.

I do feel this way, Deidre, but I often examine myself about "feeling" too much this or that way. Another words, I caution myself at the dangers of emotionalism. Things are great right now in my happenstance, but what happens when things go bad? Oh, I pray that God does not test me as someone like Job. Nobody can be aloft on top of the world in an emotional high all the time! Believe me, I know, being Bi-polar I have my highs and low low low lows, and therefore different obstacles.

How easy is it to say all things pale in comparison when we have everything for comparison! Should I cherish my life and count all of my blessings? Good question, lemme say, I betcha, the Apostles that suffered immensely for Christ Jesus had little about life to cherish but life in Christ Himself. The Apostles died horrendous deaths. And betcha each day's blessings revolved around God or thanking Him alone for those things that contributed towards perseverance in faith. Another words, at the day's end, to thank God for the blessing of strength, praising God for having gave what was necessary to fulfill what He commanded.

Just as there is a danger about emotionalism, so too, I believe there is one about intellectualism. In my thought life pretty much all the important questions I had are settled, that is, any internal disputes or doubts have been laid to rest. But it is possible to be intellectually convicted and not have a relationship with Christ. True knowledge of Christ acquired through a relationship with Him changes us, it alters our judgments and mannerism. Christ loving us, this is quite incomparable. Being born again is receiving a heart of flesh, one that was once made of stone. We were dead towards God in our sins and trespasses, made alive through regeneration. The new heart is receptive and obedient towards God. The heart has a desire for God, something that was once not there. Those things we once dreaded, like His words to keep are now found favorable in order to please Him.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
      I do feel this way, Deidre, but I often examine myself about "feeling" too much this or that way. Another words, I caution myself at the dangers of emotionalism. Things are great right now in my happenstance, but what happens when things go bad? Oh, I pray that God does not test me as someone like Job. Nobody can be aloft on top of the world in an emotional high all the time! Believe me, I know, being Bi-polar I have my highs and low low low lows, and therefore different obstacles.

How easy is it to say all things pale in comparison when we have everything for comparison! Should I cherish my life and count all of my blessings? Good question, lemme say, I betcha, the Apostles that suffered immensely for Christ Jesus had little about life to cherish but life itself. The Apostles died horrendous deaths. And blessings counted at each day's setting sun revolved around God or thanking Him alone for those things that contributed towards perseverance in faith. Another words, at the day's end, to thank God for the blessing of strength, praising God for having gave what was necessary to fulfill what He commanded.

Just as there is a danger about emotionalism, so too, I believe there is one about intellectualism. In my thought life pretty much all the important questions I had are settled, that is, any internal disputes or doubts have been laid to rest. But it is possible to be intellectually convicted and not have a relationship with Christ. True knowledge of Christ acquired through a relationship with Him changes us, it alters our judgments and mannerism. Christ loving us, this is quite incomparable. Being born again is receiving a heart of flesh, one that was once made of stone. We were dead towards God in our sins and trespasses, make alive through regeneration. The new heart is receptive and obedient towards God. The heart has a desire for God planted, something that was once not there. Those things we once dreaded, like His words to keep are now found favorable in order to please Him.

God bless,
      William

That is very true, what you say about the sufferings of the Apostles, and also about feelings and the dangers of ''emotionalism.'' I happen to think that my faith was governed by emotions before I left it, and what led me back wasn't me. It was the Holy Spirit. It's as though I 'saw' Truth...instead of just reading about Truth, from the Bible, etc. I saw Truth, and it changed my life. I thank Jesus everyday for 'rescuing' me but there are days I feel badly that He had to give me a sign for my belief to be restored. But, then again, He comes to us in ways that He feels we need. I think that life itself is a blessing, but it's a blessing because my life has meaning again. The days when I was an atheist, it's not that I couldn't find meaning in everyday life, but it just seemed so ...flat. To live for Christ, is to really live. And that is why I feel that the mundane every day things of life, just don't intrigue me like they used to. Thank you for your very insightful post, I enjoyed reading it. :)
      Comment>
      Working...
      X
      Articles - News - SiteMap