A mysterious object seen in the sky for which, it is claimed, no orthodox scientific explanation can be found

Alien Life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Life

I've always wondered why so many people condemn the idea of Aliens, and the idea of other living, intelligent creatures. God has created such a vast, and theoretically infinite universe, yet how, how I ask, can some claim that we are the only planet with intelligent life on it?

I think there are already a couple of threads around here that touch on the topic of alien life.

I have no idea if there's intelligent aliens out there. Regardless, I'm pretty certain we'll never meet them. They're too far away.
    Comment>

It just goes to show how stuck we have become in our belief systems. We are looking out there for signs of life as we know it but not signs of life as we don't know it. How do we know that planets like Venus are not living beings in themselves? How do we know that there isn't life out there somewhere which has become so much more evolved than we are that they exist as pure energy? Or spiritual balls of consciousness? Besides, in my opinion, after many years worth of research leading to personal experience, I can safely say that there definitely IS evidence of alien life. Just because YOU haven't seen the evidence doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There are actually many people on the planet who know all about this phenomenon.
      Comment>

Originally posted by Drolo View Post
        It just goes to show how stuck we have become in our belief systems. We are looking out there for signs of life as we know it but not signs of life as we don't know it. How do we know that planets like Venus are not living beings in themselves? How do we know that there isn't life out there somewhere which has become so much more evolved than we are that they exist as pure energy? Or spiritual balls of consciousness? Besides, in my opinion, after many years worth of research leading to personal experience, I can safely say that there definitely IS evidence of alien life. Just because YOU haven't seen the evidence doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There are actually many people on the planet who know all about this phenomenon.
        Well put.
        Comment>

Originally posted by Drolo View Post
          We are looking out there for signs of life as we know it but not signs of life as we don't know it.
          Define what "not signs of life as we don't know it" means. Let's take your example of Venus. What would you have us look for that are "not signs of life as we don't know it" in order to know it is a living being?
          Last edited by Origen; 05-19-2016, 06:55 AM.
          Comment>

I don't believe in the existence of alien life. All life just is life. Question that should be answered is: is there life on other planets? Taking into account that fact that God has created both spirits and the life forms we know on earth there's no telling whether spirt creatures live on other planets.
            Comment>

Or, the fact that we have lived in a perfectly inhabitable area in the universe, and we have taken a perfect place to live in, whereas everywhere else in the universe, life MAY be able to thrive, but with the location, they wouldn't really live up to it. There are lots of things, theories, equations, that people have created through the years, suggesting life outside our world, but maybe we are luckily located in a spot where life will thrive, and nowhere else.
              Comment>

Supposing there was life on other planets in the universe what difference would it make to us? God is the King. His laws on other planets would be the same as they are here. And that could be the reason there's been no alien invasion. God does not permit it. Earth is for us, humans, and the heavens/other planets belong to others/aliens [maybe].
                Comment>

Originally posted by Smithee View Post
                  Supposing there was life on other planets in the universe what difference would it make to us? God is the King. His laws on other planets would be the same as they are here. And that could be the reason there's been no alien invasion. God does not permit it. Earth is for us, humans, and the heavens/other planets belong to others/aliens [maybe].
                  Lol. God doesn't permit lots of things. We still do it. What makes Gray, big-headed creatures any more obedient? Also, theoretically, the universe is infinite, and, there is, without a doubt alien life. Not to mention, we have no idea if aliens need oxygen, or if they need a different element to live. Therefore we cannot just assume that every other 'creature' has the same needs as us. There have already been multiple other discoveries of planets that are basically a clone of Earth.

Comment>

Originally posted by OursIsTheFury View Post
                    Or, the fact that we have lived in a perfectly inhabitable area in the universe, and we have taken a perfect place to live in, whereas everywhere else in the universe, life MAY be able to thrive, but with the location, they wouldn't really live up to it. There are lots of things, theories, equations, that people have created through the years, suggesting life outside our world, but maybe we are luckily located in a spot where life will thrive, and nowhere else.
                    Not possible. The universe is too big- our GALAXY ALONE, is too big, for there not to be life elsewhere.
                    Comment>

AGustOfWind, you do know that nothing happens unless God allows it? The devil and his minions do a lot of bad things but why is that they are unable to kill us even though they're capable of doing it? God doesn't permit them. What of the inability of Israel's enemies to totally annihilate them even though they could have done it easily? It wasn't God's will that the Jews be annihilated because of His promise to Abraham. While people and most of God's creatures have the free will to do whatever they please there are defined boundaries beyond which they can't go.
                      Comment>

Originally posted by Smithee View Post
                        AGustOfWind, you do know that nothing happens unless God allows it? The devil and his minions do a lot of bad things but why is that they are unable to kill us even though they're capable of doing it? God doesn't permit them. What of the inability of Israel's enemies to totally annihilate them even though they could have done it easily? It wasn't God's will that the Jews be annihilated because of His promise to Abraham. While people and most of God's creatures have the free will to do whatever they please there are defined boundaries beyond which they can't go.
                        And where would the logic be in making a theoretically infinite universe, with only a singular planet with intelligent life on it?
                        Comment>

There are theories which suggest that there's a gap between Genesis 1:1 and Gen 1:2. If the earth was without form it means that it had to have been created earlier but it was destroyed along with the rest of the physical universe when "there was war in heaven." That might have been the end of "aliens" because God Himself says, "For this is what the LORD says-- he who created the heavens, He is God; He who fashioned and made the earth, He founded it; He did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited . . . But this is the same God who can't abide sin. So if the rest of the universe was inhabited by aliens before Adam then only sin would have made God punish them all.
                          Comment>

I would have to believe that there is some sort of life on other planets. God created all that there is and I would believe he also created other life forms that we do not know about in His image as well. I think the question is whether or not the other life forms are intelligent like humans or just single celled organisms. It's also important to remember that the universe is a vast place, intelligent life may have already existed and become extinct many times over on other planets and the likely hood of the human race actually making contact with other intelligent beings is slim to none. Stephen Hawking warns against us broadcasting our location in the solar system into the universe as it may attract unwanted attention. I can understand where he is coming from. It is common sense that you shouldn't walk around a place you are unfamiliar screaming "Hey, I'm right here! Is anyone out there?". An interesting fact, the first signal broadcast from earth is a speech being given by Hitler, if intelligent life can pick up our radio transmissions this would be their first contact from earth, so much for first impressions.
                            Comment>

If God is not limited to creating then we must be having aliens living. I don't think that there is anyone who knows everything about God's creation. There is still more that we may or may never know or see. We see because of light and the fact that we have got eyes. A large part of our universe lack light and we don't know what's happening there. To say that there is nothing happening then we are suggesting that God is unable of supporting any activity there. I do believe that there is alien life in the universe because God is able to support that.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap